I love this bird

-
I was Air Force, but never around the A-10.

I always loved the concept of the A-10 coming in low and slow and taking out enemy tanks!!!

The A-10 propaganda videos were most excellent. The 30mm makes a tank look like a puffy balloon when receiving rounds.

I live close enough to WAB that these bad boys do occasional flyovers - low enough that I have had them :salute: a couple of times when they see me waving.. also, low enough that by the time you get outside to see what is flying over the house - they be gone! Love it - awesome stuff!

Smartest decision by the brass in a long time, and it's probably the first one cheered from the entire Joint Chiefs down to the lowest E1 grunt. We can only hope the bureaucrats who wanted to retire them are themselves being retired.

I used to live near a National Guard base, and they flew over the lake many times doing maneuvers. They can turn on a dime, not super fast but look badass.

A-10's are awesome planes. Makes the enemy shake in their boots when they hear them coming...

Can take care of a tank, no problem...

I've played in them .My dad was a first shirt when we lived in Myrtle Beach.Ive played in a bunch or planes. My dad said we could pretend but don't touch any switches or he would know and he'd ware us out!

I love those animals. I live near the firing center in Yakima wa. A lot of dessert training is done there. Every once and awhile they have a full scale mock war . Its fun to watch them play hide and seek with the Abrams. I'm glad their keeping it.

I built a scale R/C model off a 3 view drawing and flew it off a .46 nitro motor in the nose. The flight characteristics were just like the real thing!

I love the sound of that Gatling gun, bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttt

Yee haw!

-
Back