I need a 7 1/4

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Anyone local have a 7 1/4 big bolt pattern in good working condition that maybe just needs a brake job and new fluid for a daily driver 73 dart? The pinion berring is starting to die in mine due to the previouse owner not greasing the STOCK u-joints. I put in new joints but the pinion berring is pretty much shot.

If you have one sitting in the shop and you want it gone (and wouldn't mind delivering it to north renton/south bellevue area, I don't have a truck) let me know how much you want for it. Im right off 405 in Newcastle right before I-90 and the Coal Creek exit.

Sucks, I gave one away 6 months before I got this car.

Thanks
J.R.

i have one out of a 74 Swinger but it's not the big bolt pattern.
I don't think 7-1/4 came with BBP?

I have one in Bellevue with springs tires and wheels and the brakes worked fine when I removed it in January.

PM me if interested.

Scamp
(Keith)

I'm getting ready to take my 7.25 out on Sunday. Its in a 74 Duster with large bolt patern. The tubes on the 73-up 7.25 taper up from 2.5" to 3" at the ends where the backing plate bolts on. So the brakes even are interchangable with other 3" tube rears. If there is no interest in it, I think I will try to blow it up with some burnouts.

Oh ya doncha know! I used mine for a boat anchor, Next time I pull it up I will see it the axles still turn, if soo, you can have it, EH?

Hey Redi-I've got a set of 7 1/4 axles w/fresh bearings if you need 'em...I've got an 8 3/4 getting set up for my Valiant and don't want to hassle w/ 'em

Whoops, just saw this. Thanks for the offer but I really want to get at least an 8 1/4 in the Scamp. I'll have a 7 1/4 sure-grip to offload at some point from my "other" car.

Is that one in the red Scamp a small bolt pattern or big? We still on for this Saturday? I have the tranny all cleanned up and a new filter in it.

-
Back