I need a opinion on a 73 plymouth duster value

-

yellowghost

Reaction score
Anybody reckon on a ballpark value of a 1973 plymouth duster. 318 ci V8, automatic transmission. 46,000 miles. It will need bodywork and paint but looks good for its age. I know its hard without seeing the car in the flesh but maybe somebody could give me a place to start.
Thanks
Jeff

Give us a start by posting a picture(s)??? "Needing body work" - couple of door dings or frame/floor replacement? Not enough there in your post to even make a guess at value

Is it 46,000 original? I have a buddy who just bought a dart sport 318 (similar to a Duster- sunroof car.) It would be similar in value. He got a good deal and paid 5,000, and it needs a good amount of body work. If it's 46,000 original and really nice then that amount would be higher

10 bucks without pictures.

But seriously, the car is worth more than what someone wants to pay and less than you think. "Somewhere" between those two points.

Assuming clean title...For me, biggest question is ‘how much rust?’ Without knowing that, might as well use a dartboard - $1000-$6000
Also with miles that low, is the interior still good? That could be a big plus. Upholstery ain’t cheap and good original plastic parts are getting harder to find.

Assuming clean title...For me, biggest question is ‘how much rust?’ Without knowing that, might as well use a dartboard - $1000-$6000
Also with miles that low, is the interior still good? That could be a big plus. Upholstery ain’t cheap and good original plastic parts are getting harder to find.
I agree on the value. Most people THINK because these old cars only register 99,999 before they roll over, that what ever is on the odometer is real mileage.

No way to be sure I guess but my great aunt was the original owner and only drove it to the bank,carwash and grocery stores, and too frightened to drive into town and it was parked for about 13 years after she had liscense pulled so we believe it to be accurate. I will try to take pictures.

Are you selling or buying? If your buying are you trying to make an offer. If selling, give us a FABO FAMILY deal. Sounds like a pretty good granny grocery getter.

Selling but waiting on another car that I fell heels over feet for ..last night. If that don't work out, I will keep it. I don't want to sell it.
20190722_201443.jpg
20190722_201512.jpg
20190722_201632.jpg
20190722_164901.jpg

Nope. I had the drivers side re-painted many years ago. And a few years later I was side-swiped on the passenger side so that was re-painted from insurance claim. Hood roof and rear bonnet are the only original paint and its faded

Any odd factory options have you checked serial number look under seats and behind back seat for broadcast sheets they will tell u what where when and how many of that configuration where made. unless you have it somewhere going to be tuff finding the right steering wheel. Like other guys have said not as much as you think there was only a bizzillion of them made

-
Back