I need a Poly top end

-

AJ/FormS

68 Formua-S fastback clone 367/A833/GVod/3.55s
Reaction score
South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
So this customer calls me up, and says she needs help.
She had another fellow recondition the engine,in her 67 Belvidere, and on it's maiden voyage, it bent 6 rods. No problem said I, I have teener rods.And oh, BTW the intake and carb are missing. No problem said I, I have teener stuff.
So this car shows up.
And it's not bent rods; it's bent pushrods. And oh BTW, it's a Poly 318.
The VIN says 318LA, The body plate says 318Poly, and the second owner says she's sure the poly is original.
So this other mechanic took the intake off, and the bent "rods" and 4 lifters out. Then he went to jail.
Lady get's her car back;minus all the parts.And 4 years later,he's still in jail.
And I can't find any parts locally. So here is my dilemma;

I need everything from the china walls up,minus the air-cleaner, plus 2 valve covers, and 6 pushrods, and 1 headbolt.(67Poly 318 ).

So can anyone help me?

OK, didn't take long to dig them out! PM me and I'll get your shipping info. Push rods are free. I may be able to score the covers, intake and carb from a salvage yard this weekend. I'll have to talk to them about price. If you don't have them by then, let me know what your top dollar is on that stuff so I'll know if it's worth the time. Shipping may be a deal killer on that intake!

Attachments

• poly push rods.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 209
that is the area of the block that seals the Intake on a SBM front and rear. called that because the "look like a china wall". Where the intake locating pins are

Canada built B body cars got poly 318 in 67 IIRC.

How can you tell from VIN if poly or LA?

Push rods in pic look like adjustable rocker push rods.

2 cents.

Canada built B body cars got poly 318 in 67 IIRC.

How can you tell from VIN if poly or LA?

Push rods in pic look like adjustable rocker push rods.

2 cents.

That is correct. 318A came with solid tappets and adjustable rockers.

I have an intake and Carter BBD for a poly. Carb is from a 1962 model year and has a flange top, threaded rod is captured in the air cleaner.

Have you tried "fishing" over on forBbodiesonly??? some of those cars came with poly's...

I have a 2bbl intake and V-band Stromberg carb.... Air cleaner too.

I think it's GREAT that someone can come to this web site and ask for help and get tremendous assistance/input from other members!!

treblig

I think it's GREAT that someone can come to this web site and ask for help and get tremendous assistance/input from other members!!

treblig

I'm with you!!! FABO members never cease to amaze me how helpful they are!!!

I went to the yard to check on that intake and valve covers. The car has been there for a LOOONGG time with no hood or carb. Valve covers are porous and intake looks pretty bad too. One could grow potatoes on top of the intake! Sorry I can't help you there.

Those push rods I posted are yours. I have some used lifters as well, but probably not a good idea to use used lifters. Rock Auto has them for $3.49 ea. though. One of these other guys no doubt has a better intake than I can get.

Have you tried "fishing" over on forBbodiesonly??? some of those cars came with poly's...

There is a Poly group on Yahoo (I think it's Yahoo). I don't have the address right at the moment

-
Back