I Need Advice, There’s A Cream (Dream) Puff For Sale

-
It's now 2:00 mst. There should be a pic of a green 69 Charger and a blue Scamp in the garage or driveway.....

Start your own thread.
Ya I will. Just a little self promotion. But trying to let people know this stuff is not worth this kind of $$$$$$$. I don't know if you be willing to spend 10 grand on one of these but I'd rather put 10k down on a srt8 or just buy a old police car.

Shoot there was a used car dealership around me last year had a 74 4 door slant 6 for that price & nowhere close to nice as that.
Slant 6 cars aren't supposed to be this expensive...screw you father time

I'm doing it wrong because I never negotiate. Either you want it or not.
ummmmm... NO! you always start out lower then asking without lowballing and insulting the seller of course.

asking 8k, id talk witht he guy, ask if he is negatable and if so i'd probably offer 6500 or so for it if its a nice car and go from there... if its a nice car then if i had to i'd pay asking but not without trying to get it a bit cheaper first..
I am doing it wrong because I never negotiate but I get what I want. The negotiation process is if you don't like the price then keep shopping till you do.

Most higher end markets find negotiation as an insult. When people buy exotic cars, negotiation is not even a thing you do, because you already made up your mind you want it. Then at that point the only communication to the seller is where you want it delivered.

I realize this isn't an exotic not expensive car but if he wants favor with the seller and expedite the delivery process, that's one way to do it

I am doing it wrong because I never negotiate but I get what I want. The negotiation process is if you don't like the price then keep shopping till you do.

Most higher end markets find negotiation as an insult. When people buy exotic cars, negotiation is not even a thing you do, because you already made up your mind you want it. Then at that point the only communication to the seller is where you want it delivered.

It's called the art of the deal.... Personally if someone is in my driveway 30 minutes ahead of time I'm holding to my price. The flipside is if I want it bad enough and feel like the FABO is not cringing over the price I am buying it if and only if I have the disposable income....

JW

I realize this isn't an exotic not expensive car but if he wants favor with the seller and expedite the delivery process, that's one way to do it

Totally wrong but hey if you want to waste money then that's cool.

I know that most sellers list things for sale at higher prices then they expect to get. That's a fact that ya just can't argue. They price it higher expecting to be talked down. I'll never offer full asking price. It's just stupid not to try and get it cheaper. If it ends up the seller is firm on the price and I really want whatever it is then I'll pay but not without trying to get it cheaper first. If you are standing there with cash most times they take less. A Few bucks less is much better then the headache of holding out for a few more dollars a lot of the time. .

Just got back, the car is better than I expected. Bad news, there’s a deposit that a guy sent to him, but he has not seen it because of rain. It does have original paint, no rust, not even bubbles under the vinyl. The fender has been replaced because of grandma‘s fender bender. The paint doesn’t match up as well as the rest of the Valiant. I didn’t see that in the pictures so somebody mentioned here that they spotted two different shades. That was a pretty good eye my phone sucks for pictures.

I wanted to offer the guy 10 grand, but he’s just so nice which I don’t blame. The car runs so well. It’s a car you can just get up and go, I’ll check the brakes and of course change the oil and spark plugs if I can get it.

Ya I will. Just a little self promotion. But trying to let people know this stuff is not worth this kind of $$$$$$$. I don't know if you be willing to spend 10 grand on one of these but I'd rather put 10k down on a srt8 or just buy a old police car.
I already have a 69 charger and a 2021 Daytona. I just want something I can get up and go.

Dang, I was hoping you would get it. Still possible? I would tell him your offer and that you are only 20 minutes away and to call you if he senses any bs from other buyer.

Just got back, the car is better than I expected. Bad news, there’s a deposit that a guy sent to him, but he has not seen it because of rain. It does have original paint, no rust, not even bubbles under the vinyl. The fender has been replaced because of grandma‘s fender bender. The paint doesn’t match up as well as the rest of the Valiant. I didn’t see that in the pictures so somebody mentioned here that they spotted two different shades. That was a pretty good eye my phone sucks for pictures.
Car Nut am I reading this correctly....Somebody sent the seller a deposit but he hasn't gotten the money yet????

Dont know who that is and I see Mike agreed with you
I would never say im a saint but I never cheated anyone or would buy a car out from underneath anyone either.......I hope thats not the case here
I sure hope nit. I poked the wrong button there. Too close together for these fingrrs

I don’t think he wants to travel because were expected to get snow.

-
Back