I Need Advice, There’s A Cream (Dream) Puff For Sale

-
Badass. I don't know. I'm a tightwad. Throw 5K on the hood and see what happens. You know the old saying. Money talks and bullshit walks. Real cashola will make people move something. Cause you're THERE with the money RIGHT NOW.
That's what I see the guys with the money do...

That's what I see the guys with the money do...
Well people can say it's a "lowball" offer all they want. They asking price is 8k. If you put 5K on the hood, that's not chump change. It lets the owner know you're not a tire kicker at least. I've never been fortunate enough to just "give" someone their asking price. Maybe I will be in my next life. All I can say is, it must be nice.

Well people can say it's a "lowball" offer all they want. They asking price is 8k. If you put 5K on the hood, that's not chump change. It lets the owner know you're not a tire kicker at least. I've never been fortunate enough to just "give" someone their asking price. Maybe I will be in my next life. All I can say is, it must be nice.
Agreed, that's what I was saying. Maybe i typed in on the wrong post# , or got outta context Rob. My Bad, In other words, if you make an offer, and they take it, it's a done deal. By saying" the guys with $" that means anyone interested. And a few shisterz I have seen that would cut that car up to make more! Heck No 5 g ain't lowball! But, in reality, how many people are even in the market for a ride like that? I would be, I've never had one that sweet, but, Damn Brother, that's a Lil bit O' Coin! ( is it St paddy's day yet) the day of the 300 near mint, running/6 are, sadly gone, and it actually hurts to type that. I'm with where you are on the offer deal, Bro. Except, if it was for sale for 3 ,and I had a grand....., if folks are selling Lamborghinis to Oil Tycoons, or happen to have one of the 3335? New Demons, and they have the cash to wait it out, that's cool too. Alot of us just wanna buy, or sell, our (insert item, lol) quickly. I had a cat tell me once " I ain't married to that thing!".

Agreed, that's what I was saying. Maybe i typed in on the wrong post# , or got outta context Rob. My Bad, In other words, if you make an offer, and they take it, it's a done deal. By saying" the guys with $" that means anyone interested. And a few shisterz I have seen that would cut that car up to make more! Heck No 5 g ain't lowball! But, in reality, how many people are even in the market for a ride like that? I would be, I've never had one that sweet, but, Damn Brother, that's a Lil bit O' Coin! ( is it St paddy's day yet) the day of the 300 near mint, running/6 are, sadly gone, and it actually hurts to type that. I'm with where you are on the offer deal, Bro. Now, if folks are selling Lamborghinis to Oil Tycoons, or happen to have one of the 3335? New Demons, and they have the cash to wait it out, that's cool too. Alot of us just wanna buy, or sell, our (insert item, lol) quickly..
Naw, I was agreein with you, wholeheartedly. lol

Naw, I was agreein with you, wholeheartedly. lol
Cool, Thank You! I thought you was sayin' I called ya a lowballer! I don't care how low yer balls are, an offer in an offer, take it or not. And leave em a phone # in case. I've never been a wheeler / dealer. But dammit, ain't there some.middle ground? I've done some horse trading though...and I have seen MANY "guys w/ $" offer ya a few penny's on the dollar, for some reason, while there stuff is Gold Dipped! But, your stuff? " ahh, that's junk I can get anywhere " people are , well, Strange. And I'm being nice. Scumbags in ALL lines of crap. Then , there's Good People too, Like You and Most of the People here!

Last edited:
Cool, Thank You! I thought you was sayin' I called ya a lowballer! I don't care how low yer balls are, an offer in an offer, take it or not. And leave em a phone # in case. I've never been a wheeler / dealer. But dammit, ain't there some.middle ground? I've done some horse trading though...and I have seen MANY "guys w/ $" offer ya a few penny's on the dollar, for some reason, while there stuff is Gold Dipped! But, your stuff? " ahh, that's junk I can get anywhere " people are , well, Strange. And I'm being nice. Scumbags in ALL lines of crap. Then , there's Good People too, Like You and Most of the People here!
Nobody really did....but they kinda eluded to it. Chit, you gotta start somewhere. I mean really, if somebody gets their widdle feewins hurt over an offer, they need to stay on the house.

Nobody really did....but they kinda eluded to it. Chit, you gotta start somewhere. I mean really, if somebody gets their widdle feewins hurt over an offer, they need to stay on the house.
Took me a lifetime to even breach the " art ot the deal" ... heck, I used to tell potential customers that " I'm. A hellava Carpenter, but a piss poor business man!" Lol. But yeah, if you wanna negotiate price, ya gotta start somewhere. I've had MANY people tell I'm Way Too Cheap! Cheep,, cheep, I hear baby birds....but they were friends,.trying to help me not sell myself short. Now , people that wanna get you to do a job? Wow, never seen a *** that tight!

Dont know who that is and I see Mike agreed with you
I would never say im a saint but I never cheated anyone or would buy a car out from underneath anyone either.......I hope thats not the case here
He's one of our members, the one who in post #53 said the car wasn't worth that much

I was just poking fun at him a little, that's why I put the "poke" underneath it

I have never paid asking price for any vehicle in my life. I will offer what I think is fair, and the seller can accept that or counter. That's how it works in my world, unless the seller has already priced it for less than I would have been willing to pay. That has only happened a couple times when I have approached them to inquire if they are interested in selling a car that is not even advertised.

Lol, "we/dad" paid full asking price for the 67 cuda. NOT RICH and NOT privileged. At full asking price we got a great deal.
I actually paid more from Dads estate then Dad initially paid.
Hope you get it.

Yea wife says I have a huge flock of birds over my head screaming cheap!!! Prices of classic cars go up and down often. Volatile market.
If I am buying a project I figure 95% are overpriced for the market and what they actually are. So I offer what it is worth to me. Sometimes the ask price is totally in line to me and I pay. Otherwise, I care less what the ask $ is, I am spending my money.
Prices vary so much by location.

Yea wife says I have a huge flock of birds over my head screaming cheap!!! Prices of classic cars go up and down often. Volatile market.
If I am buying a project I figure 95% are overpriced for the market and what they actually are. So I offer what it is worth to me. Sometimes the ask price is totally in line to me and I pay. Otherwise, I care less what the ask $ is, I am spending my money.
Prices vary so much by location.
Exactly! Most sellers want to get top dollar out of their wares. Buyers want to steal it. Somehow you need to meet in the middle. Now, there are other circumstances that pop up like a buddy that was selling out because of a divorce. Drill press, wire welder and cart, air compressor, transmissions, and Mopar parts. He said "it's just stuff" and pretty much gave it to me.

Lol, "we/dad" paid full asking price for the 67 cuda. NOT RICH and NOT privileged. At full asking price we got a great deal.
I actually paid more from Dads estate then Dad initially paid.
Hope you get it.

been there

if i come across someone selling something for a fair shake i see no need to beat em down
several times i have told a seller "what you are asking is fair, so i dont mind paying it"

of course, there have also been times i felt it was worth less then asking, and i offered them what i thought was fair

(when i bought my log splitter it needed a new cylinder and there was no guarantee that is all it needed. so i offered him what i thought was fair and when he declined it, i shook his hand and wished him the best of luck. as i was getting in my truck the guy asked if he took my offer if i would take it right away, so i said "lets load her up")

I have been to the swaps and just paid the price for a part and said, "That's more than fair". They usually looked at me like I am crazy!! But it was already a bargain to me, why try to beat the guy down, why? just for practice?
If the price is lose to what I am thinking, I will ask if any wiggle room? If they are off enough I want pay their price, then I just tell them what it is worth to ME.

I wanted to offer the guy 10 grand, but he’s just so nice which I don’t blame. The car runs so well. It’s a car you can just get up and go, I’ll check the brakes and of course change the oil and spark plugs if I can get it.

Stay on top of it..... Your not out of this until the title has changed hands.... There may be 5 more of you in this scenario waiting for the car and you want to be 1st call if the buyer bobbles. I've seen it happen before.

The flip side is you have some nice cars so if this one doesn't come to fruition don't ponder too much on it.... Timing, patience, and position. It takes all 3 for the right deal and you were darn sure in range for it.... And still may be....

JW

been there

if i come across someone selling something for a fair shake i see no need to beat em down
several times i have told a seller "what you are asking is fair, so i dont mind paying it"

of course, there have also been times i felt it was worth less then asking, and i offered them what i thought was fair

(when i bought my log splitter it needed a new cylinder and there was no guarantee that is all it needed. so i offered him what i thought was fair and when he declined it, i shook his hand and wished him the best of luck. as i was getting in my truck the guy asked if he took my offer if i would take it right away, so i said "lets load her up")
Exactly, some years ago I was selling my Lincoln ranger 275 welder and the LN 25 wire feeder with it.... The machine had around 600 hours and the LN25 I ran maybe 3 spools of wire through it.....Guy comes to see it and asks what I want.....I tell him we'll dance around or my bottom line not one cent less....he says ok....tell him 2500 which is a very good deal as I know what the prices are and im the original owner, machine has never been exposed to elements.... Guy won't hear it wants it for less, he just could not deal with paying my price without getting it for less.....Now im pissed off that I should have told him 3 grand
He came back three more times to weld with it,,,,I had to hook up the argon and feeder.....The third time I told him no uncertain terms take a walk now its not for sale
I wound up using that machine on a steady job the next 5 years and my boss owns it now

The seller is given the potential buyer the end of this week.
I hope the buyer isn't one of these guys who gave him a small deposit to hold the car while he pulls the guy chain....Tomorrow is Tuesday, id call him Wednesday the latest and tell him the money is in your pocket.....Good luck were pulling for ya

looked at ya like you were crazy because he priced it well over what he was willing to take for it..lol
When anyone prices their stuff so far below what I figure its worth and would pay.... I have a hard time trying to"Jew" them on down!!! LOL Guess I'm just an ole softee!!! LOL

-
Back