I Need Advice, There’s A Cream (Dream) Puff For Sale

-
Thanks guys, I knew this was an excellent place to ask.

Two years ago at a car show there was a guy selling his Richard Petty Blue Barracuda, he was asking $13,000. I tried to remember his number to call where it was quiet and to check on here what model it was. It had a small back window, paint looked good not original, I couldn’t see paint bubbles. The guy was older than me and had to sell the car because of the manual trans. The hood was down. It looked like a honest car. This was in August 2019. Since I missed him before he left I was hoping to see him in August 2020. That car show was canceled, everyone knows why. He wasn’t there last August. I’ll never give up, if it was meant to be, it’ll happen.

Thanks guys, I knew this was an excellent place to ask.

Two years ago at a car show there was a guy selling his Richard Petty Blue Barracuda, he was asking $13,000. I tried to remember his number to call where it was quiet and to check on here what model it was. It had a small back window, paint looked good not original, I couldn’t see paint bubbles. The guy was older than me and had to sell the car because of the manual trans. The hood was down. It looked like a honest car. This was in August 2019. Since I missed him before he left I was hoping to see him in August 2020. That car show was canceled, everyone knows why. He wasn’t there last August. I’ll never give up, if it was meant to be, it’ll happen.

Next time take a young teenage girl and let her play the role of wanting her first can and tell her to burst into tears when she's told it's already sold lol.... Silly but it can work.... Art of the deal. Don't worry, it all happens for a reason. Another will be right behind it...

Maybe you should buy my 72Hcode sitting in the corner. The days keep ticking away and it just never gets put back together lol...

And this one is a wrap,
JW

Dang right. It'll come back to him somehow.
I swear I believe in Karma, it does come back to you in one way or another.
We've all been there with car deals that didnt work out and we've all been screwed or taken advantage of
My brother and I were discussing a Uncle and he reminded me of a story.....My uncle was well off and lived in a affluent neighbourhood, his neighbour was another well off man and he had passed away unexpected
His entire estate must have went to his siblings, one of which moved into his home
He had a farm upstate and she his sister had his pickup towed home as it didnt run...So this was the early eighties and the truck was at least ten years old
The tailgate was missing, the body was dirty never washed but no rust...It was 2wd 3/4 ton with a V8 low miles, a farm truck and I wanted it bad
I never like a fool asked her what she wanted, I thought my uncle took care of that as he had talked to her and knew her well.
I went up to her house and spent a few hours trying to get it started, it wouldn't even kick and I thought it had some other problems
My father was like offer her 50 bucks, I told him id go 500
So I went to talk to her and told her it won't run and she tells me "yeah thats what they said in the service shop down the street". I was like you took it to a mechanic but you never mentioned that?
I knew then and there she was ******* with me, she used me and I let her because I was young and naive.
I asked her what she wanted and she told me something like $3000.....I was taken back she's want so much but she wanted to ring every last cent out of her brothers estate I guess
I left pissed off and disappointed but I got a education that day
**** happen's sorry to go on and on, older guys do that

I swear I believe in Karma, it does come back to you in one way or another.
We've all been there with car deals that didnt work out and we've all been screwed or taken advantage of
My brother and I were discussing a Uncle and he reminded me of a story.....My uncle was well off and lived in a affluent neighbourhood, his neighbour was another well off man and he had passed away unexpected
His entire estate must have went to his siblings, one of which moved into his home
He had a farm upstate and she his sister had his pickup towed home as it didnt run...So this was the early eighties and the truck was at least ten years old
The tailgate was missing, the body was dirty never washed but no rust...It was 2wd 3/4 ton with a V8 low miles, a farm truck and I wanted it bad
I never like a fool asked her what she wanted, I thought my uncle took care of that as he had talked to her and knew her well.
I went up to her house and spent a few hours trying to get it started, it wouldn't even kick and I thought it had some other problems
My father was like offer her 50 bucks, I told him id go 500
So I went to talk to her and told her it won't run and she tells me "yeah thats what they said in the service shop down the street". I was like you took it to a mechanic but you never mentioned that?
I knew then and there she was ******* with me, she used me and I let her because I was young and naive.
I asked her what she wanted and she told me something like $3000.....I was taken back she's want so much but she wanted to ring every last cent out of her brothers estate I guess
I left pissed off and disappointed but I got a education that day
**** happen's sorry to go on and on, older guys do that
And now you know how her family got to be rich

5K will never touch that around here
I agree, Id say somewhere between 5000-10000... 7500 or 8 grand would probably get it done and that's after the seller asks 10 and you talk them down with cash. I think its 10 askable but its a slanty car id try and get it for under. S grand is too low. 5 grand is 15-20 years ago price. The car is clean.

Just received this text “It sold”.

I did ask the guy what he got for it just to see what price range I’m looking at for survivor cars. He said $6500.

I would have given the guy $8000 just with the feedback I received from this thread.

Just received this text “It sold”.

I did ask the guy what he got for it just to see what price range I’m looking at for survivor cars. He said $6500.

I would have given the guy $8000 just with the feedback I received from this thread.
Yeah, but you got to respect him for giving the first guy to put money down a chance to follow through and not got for your "easy money"

i dont think Id lay 10 down unless it had the V8 drivetrain. yes its nice I just wouldn't want to swap the drivetrain on it. Its a slant car so to me 8 grand tops. Funny thing is, if it were a 318 i bet the guy would be asking 12...

-
Back