I need help with Magnum Edelbrock heads.... Which valves?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I messed up and did not get a keeper on the vlave correctly on a set of Magnum edelbrock 61775 heads. I ended up bending the valve. Edelbrock gave me part number 39-1210 for the valve but said I had to go thru summit, Jegs, etc. Long story short, Jegs is the only one that sells it and states it ships directly from Edelbrock on 9/17/21. On 9/17/21 they changed it and added a month and said 10/20/2021 if all goes as planned.

Anyone know the specs to get this valve somewhere else?

All I know from them is that they are 2.02 valve, valve stem is .3438" (8.7 mm), 18 degree valve, single grove lock, and can't find one anywhere

Any help would be appreciated

11/32 diameter....5.011 in length,,,

small block chievy use that size

Ferrea Racing Components F5027-1 Hi-Performance 2.020" Intake Valve
27 dollars at Amazon....

I bought one valve from them earlier this year but it was a 2.08.....

You should remove an undamaged valve and measure it.

As supplied from Edelbrock, the assembled SBM LA head comes with intake valves that are 4.980” long, and ex valves that are 5.00” long.

The Magnum heads, according to the Edelbrock catalog use different valves, with the part number for them listed as
“Call tech”.

Measure what you have and see what’s available that will work.

You should remove an undamaged valve and measure it.

As supplied from Edelbrock, the assembled SBM LA head comes with intake valves that are 4.980” long, and ex valves that are 5.00” long.

The Magnum heads, according to the Edelbrock catalog use different valves, with the part number for them listed as
“Call tech”.

Measure what you have and see what’s available that will work.
I called Edelbrock. They will not give out any specs, only a part number, and then would not sell it to me, or tell me who sold it. Told me to try Summit, Jegs or some place like that. Summit has no listing for it. Jegs had it and said ship out on Sept 17th, comes directly from Edelbrock. Ordered it on Sept 8th and they instantly changed the shipping time to October 20. A week later it changed to Oct 15th. I called Edelbrock to confirm and they would not confirm any date. Then I asked for specs and I got crickets. Pretty sure they hung up. I then emailed the help desk asking for specs. They will not respond. I am planning to bring an unbent valve and the new valve to a machine shop to inspect prior to install.

Edelbrock valves have a part number stamped or whatever around the tips.
Most mark their valves.
Just buy a 5.011 and cut it .011 if you need to. It's such a small diff...

I called Edelbrock. They will not give out any specs, only a part number, and then would not sell it to me, or tell me who sold it. Told me to try Summit, Jegs or some place like that. Summit has no listing for it. Jegs had it and said ship out on Sept 17th, comes directly from Edelbrock. Ordered it on Sept 8th and they instantly changed the shipping time to October 20. A week later it changed to Oct 15th. I called Edelbrock to confirm and they would not confirm any date. Then I asked for specs and I got crickets. Pretty sure they hung up. I then emailed the help desk asking for specs. They will not respond. I am planning to bring an unbent valve and the new valve to a machine shop to inspect prior to install.

Dang! With such "GREAT" customer service like that, I bet they still stand around and scratch their asses wondering why so many people are now buying Seed Blaster (Speed Master) heads! :rolleyes:

-
Back