I need some a-body susp. help!!!!

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the engine/ trans out of a 69 Dart I bought about a year ago from another member. Today i removed the comeplete front suspension. It has been changed to the later 73 up disc brake LBP allready. While I was under the car I noticed the calipers hit the sway bar when the wheel is turned? I assume it has the early sway bar and that is why it's hitting? I'm going to rebuild the complete front so now is the time I need to address these problems. What do I need to do? Thanks to all that take the time to read this/reply.

you can either sway the spimdles side to side which will put the caliber behind the tire and clear of the sway bar.... or you can just shorted the end links for the sway bar..

Here goes again..... I posted a minute ago but the site crashed or something.

m_fbcaa3e750848a8e8e58fdaa98ec7d36.jpg

My B-body project had the calipers hitting the brackets without a sway bar installed. I swapped spindles from side to side and moved the calipers to the rear like a mustang. The brake hoses I believe are for a 85 Chrysler of some sort. Here is a link to MORE PICS

Thanks for the info, i kinda thought that was the cure, but i wanted to make sure. Who is the best guy to buy a front end parts kit from? PST?

Can Someone Tell What Brake Hoses I'll Need When I Mount The Clipers On The Rear . Thanks---roy Sorry My Caps Lock Is Stuck On.

i think i used 78 aspen hoses.... sounds right. they were longer, but just have to cut off the bracket.

yes i know they are. but for some reason, the stock 73-up hoses didn't reach. if your parts store has the books, they can look up the ends you need and then find a length if need be.

I used the stock 73 model flluid lines. They have a metal tubing section at caliper end so I just bent that about 45 degrees.
I also flipped the steel line at frame rail from top down to bottom up.

-
Back