I need some basic help: 15 X 7" rims What tires should I buy?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
For a Dodge Aspen. All of the steel wheels I have are rusting out. I bought some (BARE) aluminum rims last night for $75. I want to put some tires on the car that I can drive several thousand miles. I do not know what size I should run. I have another F body with 235/60R14's -they have different rims but same car.

Looking for tires for 15" rims X 7"

Last edited:
235/60/15?

or 245

I have 255/60/15 on 15x6.5 rallye wheels.

They fit and look good, but are technically 1.5 sizes "too wide" for those wheels.

The tires have a rating system and there is a number in the side that suggests it’s longev potential to them. The higher the number the longer lasting it should be.

They also come with letters for traction and how hot they get when driven. A = best, B second best, and so on.

While I do not have a need for a million mile tire, I am running Cooper Cobras @ 245/60/15 on my Magnum. The car is a 100% driver, anywhere @ anytime. The numbers are 440 for wear (low) and A for traction and B for temp.

It maybe difficult to find what you want for a 14 wheel. But there are decent choices out there spec wise. At the manufacturers web site they should also provide more information on how well the tire is in the snow, rain, heat in addition to the above listed spec’s.

that is a good compromise rating between absolute traction and buying new tires every 5000 miles!

if you compare the coopers ratings vs radial TA you'l see that the cooper is actually a better tire

...for less money

You’ll like them I think. There a drivers tire. Give it a few burn outs to break them in or a few good miles.

-
Back