i need to replace the trunk floor in my cuda

-
so did mine but if your trunk floor is shot you better be looking real hard at you trunk floor extensions , rear cross menber and rear frame rails because the trunk floor isn't nornally the first thing to go , more like the last .

oh also don't trash the bumper bracket supports and trunk latch tower that are welded to the trunk floor they are irreplacable .

when I purchased the car the area that has the spare tire ane part of the surrouding area was already missing, maybe taken as a donor for another car. The areas around it are very solid

check the amd online catalog they sell partials as well you might find they make the spare well .

you won't be happy with the fit and weight of the Sherman stuff , get the AMD you will be glad you did when all the folds and tabs are in the right places .The other thing you have to look at is where the fuel fill tube goes through the floor the AMD panels use the later larger grommet and have the hole cut to fit that so you will need to get that as well if that area is missing from your floor .

If it was me I would get the whole trunk floor so it is 1 structure with all the unibody stampings correct , check out my thread on restoring an already restored car and you will see how we did my floor it is stronger to weld the new onto the rails instead of trying to infill with bits and pieces . It is easier as well really just cut wheel down the inner side of the extension seam and drill out the spot welds all around the floor then I drilled 3/8 holes in the new floor in the same pattern as the factory spot welds and we plug welded it in so it looks like spot welds after grinding the slag off .

you won't be happy with the fit and weight of the Sherman stuff , get the AMD you will be glad you did when all the folds and tabs are in the right places .The other thing you have to look at is where the fuel fill tube goes through the floor the AMD panels use the later larger grommet and have the hole cut to fit that so you will need to get that as well if that area is missing from your floor .

I am going with the piece that is on ebay, and since this is going to a strip only car and is going to have a fuel cell i will actually make a panel that covers up the grommet area.

-
Back