i need to reset my timing..

-

rabius75

Reaction score
i need to reset the timing on my car, and replace the timing chain on it. but im not exactly sure how to go about this. i mean, i know how to change the timing chain, and how to get the crank and cam together, but i want to make sure i get it all timed correctly otherwise it will be for nothing..
so, what im asking is, can someone help me out with an article on how to properly time the distributor and cam and all this good stuff, or tell me how.
and, will a double roller chain fit under a stock cover?
i guess ill be doing this soon, its not really expensive for the chain, but i think i need to get a new cover. the cover looked like it was cracking a little bit when i changed my water pump. and my car seems to be losing coolant, but its not in the oil, and i cant find it on the ground anywhere, which kind of worries me.

--jeff

Rabius, you don't need to pull the distributor to change the timing chain. And even if you do pull it, it can only go back 2 ways... correctly, or 180° out. This is because the oil pump drive shaft is driven off the camshaft, not the distributor.

-
Back