memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Contact seller
Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find bushings for my windshield wiper linkage ? or does anyone have some for sale on a parts truck ? I posted this at For Trucks Only, but I know a few folks here enjoy these great old truck here. :D
Thank you for your time on this, it's hell trying to drive in this Arkansas weather this time of year, my wipers work but all the clips that hold the linkage together under the cowl are gone and I am using washers and wire and we all know what that sounds like and the wipers don't make a full pass.
I have look high and low with no luck.

Mike they are available in the help aisle at most advance and Oreilly store if you are talking about the nylon bushings that snap in the linkage arms. Ma made them interchange between many years.

Thank you Pete, I will remove my cowl today It is a balmy sunny 47 degrees here today.
Time to get the tape measure out , a member has a new full set of 4 and has pmed me so this problem will be gone VERYsoon Yea!!

Only one problem with those auto parts wiper bushings - they don't last. Mine tend to go out after 2-3 years. Apparently the dealer still has them as they were used on early 90's Dakotas until they changed the body style to look like the redesigned Rams. If you do change them you will need to buy two kits worth as there will be a lot of bushings for a lot of other makes. On my 75 A body it took two packs to replace all 4 bushings. Next stop for me is the dealer.

I will hit the parts store tomorrow and take pictures of my development and see what happens, If I don't like what I see I or the kit don't work I will update this tread.
whipper blades and about 6 screws will be an easy fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back