I saw this Moser stuff today

-
If I'm going to spend that much money I might as well get a bulletproof Dana from Cass...

This looks like the perfect street/strip housing with plenty of options to be cost effective without the weight of a dana 60. In the end you would spend the same on buying and refurbishing a stock 8 3/4 housing.

It ain't mopar...just run a nine with a pentastar on the back...Hey, does anybody make a stop sign shaped rear cover for an 8.8; make it look like a 9 1/4..

Not a bad deal for someone who needs a stronger housing, but already has a bunch of money tied up in extra differently-geared center sections and likes to switch them out... and priced just over a stock A 8.75 and half of a S60 from DD... worth considering.

No such thing seen plenty of dana's grenade at the track!!
Just think how many 8.75s grenaded b4 the Dana. And besides the Dana takes less power to turn. I’ve seen many times where a guy switched from a 8.75 and never lost any performance. Maybe even gained a little. Kim

Strong housing but the 8 3/4 carrier does have it's limits. Know why the Ford 9 inch is so strong? not because of the 1/4" extra ring gear. Because of the 3 bearing pinion support. The pinion doesn't want to walk up the ring gear under high horsepower/ maximum traction use. The Dana is just bigger and more beefy. It has it's limits as well in the bigger series. (70's and 80"s)

If I'm going to spend that much money I might as well get a bulletproof Dana from Cass...
I'm with you on that one.
And the Dana 60 just looks a lot better than a 9'' or 8 3/4.
Just like the gen 2 hemi looks better than any wedge headed engine.........

That is nice housing, a part for a purpose . If I had a a-body with a sroker, and needed to upgrade a 8.25, and I happened to have a couple 8 3/4 center sections with suregrips, with two different gear sets, I would consider it. If I don't have a 8 3/4 center with great parts and lotsa money in it already..... there's no way I'm not gonna go for a strange/dr diff dana.

I would personally build something like last time.Junk f350 rear 100 and junks 9 inch with good ends and truck brakes 50 bucks and free gears from a friend and a 35 spline axle kit 550 but now they are more for the axle kit

when was the last time you saw an 8 3/4 axle housing with axles and bearings for sale on FABO for less? this stuff is new and has a warranty.

if I was drag racing in a specific purpose drag car, I would consider a Dana but for a street car, ITS TOO DAMN HEAVY. more than likely I would go with a Phord 9".

Just bought one for my duster. Fully assembled with disc brakes,and Eaton trutrac 373s. Will be badass with the qa1 stage three handling kit. Only problem is housing is a hair larger. Need to space the sway bar mounts down 3/4of an inch. And modify the pan hard bar. Did a ton of research,and even acquired a 8 3/4 rear housing but with it being assembled how I wanted it and being warranties it was a much better bang for the buck. Can't wait to run it!

-
Back