I swear to XXXX that if I have to see ONE MORE annoying auto insurance....

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
.....TV commercial, ANY of them, Progressive with "Sally" or "Angie" or "Elsie" or WTF her name is and the rest of the crew,

or that annoying stupid SOB with his Mopar and emu,

OR that dumb SOB Matt McCoy from AARP WHILE HE'S DRIVING AROUND TALKING TO HIS PASSENGERS and spending MORE TIME LOOKING AT THEM that his eyes on the road.......

..........I SWEAR I'm gonna...................

When I see that mindless drivel such as anything with the guy with the emu, I have to wonder who has the fewer brain cells - the hacks who write these commercials, the corporate types who approve and pay for the low brow product, or the viewers who are actually influenced to buy by any of it.

Thank goodness for my PVR. I avoid seeing 99.9% of it.

Insurance ads are THE dumbest of all. Med ads are irritating. If it ain't recorded I don't want to watch! But sometimes it either TV ads or 105 degrees and heat stroke!!

Enter a new "challenge accepted" contender.

Truist bank.

The "helpful employees" spots are the equal of the above ins ads.

IRL, even their branch managers (which they have decided to call "market leaders") are not authorized to answer difficult questions, and contacting anyone higher is pretty much impossible.

New one with Limu handing the wrong tools....and Doug pulls a distributor out from underneath......guess that's technically possible if it's a slant.

Last edited:
When I see that mindless drivel such as anything with the guy with the emu, I have to wonder who has the fewer brain cells - the hacks who write these commercials, the corporate types who approve and pay for the low brow product, or the viewers who are actually influenced to buy by any of it.

Thank goodness for my PVR. I avoid seeing 99.9% of it.
This right here is IT. Do the idiots at corporate really think that these ads---and "they all" do it including the stupid ones from "The General" and that silly lizard Geigo..........Do they REALLY think this is a positive influence, that says, "Yeh, we are a great, serious, thoughtful company and we have great people to take care of your insurance needs?"

!!!NO!!!

-
Back