I thought 275s on 15x8s wouldnt fit in a stock abody? hmmm

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
well i always read that 235s were the biggest without touching anything. and ive seen guys run 255s, but i got bored and tried my 275/60/15 tires on 15x8" rims that i run on the cuda on the duster. and well, it seems like the lip may need to be rolled a hair, but that they will fit. i'll have to see with the car down on all fours. but from the looks of things. it doesnt seem too far off. tires look KILLER in those wells, look much bigger than on my ebody lol.

car is up on all four jackstands right now stands are under the rear end, so it wont move too much when i set it down. But i'm thinking with a little lip rolling that these suckers should fit.

Anyone running 275/60s on a bone stock abody? I'm not opposed to rolling the lip at all on this car, i did it on the 'Cuda. But boy does it make those 205/75s on 15x6s i think they are look smalllllll :blackeye:

pics attached

100_0873.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0877.jpg

Duster have the biggest wheel wells of all the A bodys. I have a 275-60 on mine, 15X8.5" rim with 4-7/8" backspacing. My springs are moved in but I still have the stock wheel wells.

Well hell, if it fits your Duster it should fit under my Dart Sport with no problem.

I thought the tire would get in to the front edge of the wheel well lip by the rocker panel. But, yours seem to fit perfect. I also run 15x8 rims, and width is not an issue.

I guess eyeballing the tape measure isn't a good way to do it :banghead:

I'd put a few hundred pounds in the trunk or pull it down from underneath with a block and tackle if you have a lift to see what it looks like with the springs compressed before driving it. After all, you're still just eyeballing it...

I have 275 60r 15's on my duster and the lip rubs on the tire so i had to use shackles to keep the rearend high enough not to rub. They do sometimes when i am on a real crappy road do over 55. I need to roll the lip out.

PentastarFoster said:
I have 275 60r 15's on my duster and the lip rubs on the tire so i had to use shackles to keep the rearend high enough not to rub. They do sometimes when i am on a real crappy road do over 55. I need to roll the lip out.
\

Whats your brackspacing? I think those rims are 3 3/4" backspacing if i remember right, 15x8. For now I am eyeballing it, ill get it on the ground ina few days and check it out. Thanks :thumbup:

I run that size on my '74 Duster, however, I run the Super stock springs which kept the tire off the wheel well lip during a launch, but....if you go over a curb or something the tire did hit a bit. I installed a nice set of air shocks, and just bumped it up a bit. Seems to be the answer for me and the meats look great from the... back!
dustrbd.jpg

I honestly think you're going to rub without some modifications... I'm running 275/50/15x8 and have air shocks to keep the back end up.... I'm considering a narrower rim and different rims to give it a different look.

I like that fit on yours though!! :)

lemonboy69 said:
I honestly think you're going to rub without some modifications... I'm running 275/50/15x8 and have air shocks to keep the back end up.... I'm considering a narrower rim and different rims to give it a different look.

I like that fit on yours though!! :)

"I'm not opposed to rolling the lip at all on this car, i did it on the 'Cuda. "

:thumbup: Fine with me lol

Im pretty sure they are 3.75 backspace also. They just barely hit on my car so, i have to have it sitting high so they clear. I like the sit of the car anyways.

Good luck :thumbup:

2290115_35_full.jpg

2290115_10_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2257523

I got tired of getting the sides of my tires rubbed off so I opened my rear wheelwells up 1/2 inch, I just took some 1/2 masking tape along the opening and cut it out with a di grinder, then welded some 1/4 inch round stock along the edge to make it look alittle more stock.
It came out ok, I could have spent some more time on it but I wanted it done in one day. Im also running 340 springs with longer shackels and a set of air shocks with a max of 65 to 70 lbs.

PentastarFoster said:
Im pretty sure they are 3.75 backspace also. They just barely hit on my car so, i have to have it sitting high so they clear. I like the sit of the car anyways.

Good luck :thumbup:

Looks killer, whats the story on the hood scoop? ive never seen one of those. looks good :thumbup:

Looks killer, whats the story on the hood scoop? ive never seen one of those. looks good

The scoop is off of an 80's foxbody mustang, but it looks ok. I want a glass sixpack hood but cant afford it right now. High school jobs dont pay that great. lol

2290115_38_full.jpg

PentastarFoster said:
The scoop is off of an 80's foxbody mustang, but it looks ok. I want a glass sixpack hood but cant afford it right now. High school jobs dont pay that great. lol

I thought thats what it was from. Sorry, don't buy the high school jobs dont pay that great lol, go to a restaurant. I average about $18/hour for justa food runner. Anyone can do that, been there about a year anda half now. Lets me play with my Barracuda it's 360 short block will be here next week, and I'm starting on the Duster :D just my .02cents lol

100_0793.gif

100_0789.gif

100_0661.jpg

Sorry, don't buy the high school jobs dont pay that great lol, go to a restaurant. I average about $18/hour for justa food runner

I thought my $8.25 was pretty good for throwin 50 pound cases of tomato product around. I guess not. lol. I think it will be enough to get my 360 built.

BTW i work at a red gold distribution center

2290115_37_full.jpg

2290115_8_full.jpg

2290115_36_full.jpg

2290115_6_full.jpg

Found some new rims for it today. Gotta love junkyards, $65 for the set of SuperCoupe/Magnum wheels. They will be getting some mexican hat/early Rallye centers. Probably repainted the same color

100_0895.gif

:D

-
Back