i took second place in a bournout contest

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
went to a small carshow today called the streetmachine nats because of some rain there was not soo many cars there but it was pretty good anyway some friends i have who has a buick 71 GS455 wich by the way is one of the hottest sounding and running buicks i have ever seen on the street, talked mee into trying the bournout contest (was not realy difficult i gues)
i saw that buick make a real good bournout before it was my turn soo i thought i need to make a real good one to beat that one... when it was my turn i started out pretty slow and smoked the tires lightly just 3-3500rpms until i could smell that wonderfull melting rubber smell in the car then i kind of got all mad and just had to bee the best and gave it some more standing there with the 340 screaming betwen 4500´-6000rpm just playing with it you all know how fun it is when a 340 screams at high rpm and tires smoke like hell....
managed to fill my whole car with smoke before letting of the brakes... when 1 park the car i notice lots of water coming from my car :( had a electrical malfunktion that stopped the electric fan just after the bourn out :(
soo when i was asked to make another burnout as a final showof betwen the buick and my duster i had to give them a walk over couldnt risk the engine by just pouring cold water into a sizzling hot engine and hope it would bee all fine... i hate that i had to leave with a walk over i realy wanted that big nice trophy in my garage.........
well i will post some pictures and maybee a videoclip of it when i find someone who got it on film i know there where people taking pictures and filming it....

pics will come as soon as i can find someone who whas there with a camera! i know this will bee a part of the DVD that will come soon:) i realy want to see some pics and video too the car was absolutely full of smoke i could not even see out in front of the car after the borunout!
there where alot of people comming to mee after my bournout to tell me that it was a realy good one and that my duster sounded realy powerfull.. i will go mad if i dont find any pictures of it soon!

I know its not A body or chrysler but here is a photo of one of my old cars (holden torana) at a burnout comp.Tyres were brand new & lasted 52 seconds until they both blew.It was a top gear 8200 rpm skid that caused damage to both rear 1/4 panels & both rear doors when I kept going after the tread started to separate until the tyres blew.It also resulted in a picked up big end bearing next time I drove it because I had pumped all the oil to the top of the engine.The car was a real sleeper & used to run 11.30 but looked stock the commentator at the burnout comp really bagged the car until I started it & quickly changed his tune.

10e50qw.gif

Sorry for posting up a non chryler photo.

ok here is two pictures! the guy who took them said there was no point in trying to take pictures of the rest of the bournout because the car dissapered in the smoke ;)
yeah i know the asphalt is wet but i can guarante that it was totaly dry where my tires had been when i was done there where two smoking holes in the asphalt!
hope you will like the pictures and that it may inspire some of you who still has some work to do in the garage!
will post a video to when i find one!

SmokinMike.jpg

MoreSmokinMike.jpg

I really never understood the want too ruin a set of tires just to make smoke. I only wish I had a vid clip of my last outing to the track when on my very first pass I didn't do enough of a burnout before I staged, so when the 3 amber lit I mashed the throtle and ...........................................................thought W T F! It just didnt launch for $h!t and the other guy was just motoring away, till I got out to the 330 ft mark or so and she slid sideways on me and I decided to back off the throttle a little to let the tires hook up, then proceeded to finish out my 18 second run at 90 mph. My bud who builds cars with me and had helped with this one thought I had broke the car when I launched cause he said "it just looked like you were creeping along then the tire smoke started to roll outta the wheel wells" I was able to get the car down to a 15.3@ 90 mph best for that day running on HARD compound street tires at 35 psi, with the shifter in D, thru full exhaust, and a half tank gas. I do believe John Force himself woulda been proud to see that thing smoldering both tires out to the 330 :)

Sweet, it was a little cloudy here on the American east coast the other day, and the wind was coming in off the water!

yeah i realy like to do burnouts for some reason, had my old mickey thompsons on the car that day and to bee honest they are still on the car those old indy tires look fat and will smoke like crazy but they never ever seem to loose any thread depth ;)
perfect for a daily driver...

when there is some real fun going on i drive it on hoosiers and they wear out pretty quick :( but hook lots better...
i hope i will have a video to post tommorow when i go to pick up some parts for my car the speedshop owner said he had the contest on tape :)

-
Back