I went to Heaven yesterday!!!!

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
Wow !! A shame it's all just sittin out in the weather. But....where would you keep it all

Looks like there is one or two there.

Mopar%20City%20Pic.JPG

Then I hear a voice telling me to go back...

It was my son calling asking me to come home and work on the cars with him....

Was it all just a dream???

Wow !! A shame it's all just sittin out in the weather. But....where would you keep it all

Yes, but the parts are available for purchase if anybody sees anything that they need, just give them a call.

He pulled most of the engines and has them inside. There are rows and rows of parts inside also.

How's their prices Karl?

IMO, a little high, but reasonable for what he's got....

The 440 block and heads were $1200.

He may be able to find them cheaper if he waited and watched for one to come up, but he got a July 71 casting date short block with forged crank and stock stock pistons that has a guarantee to clean-up at .030 bore, or he'll exchange it for another block. So overall, not a bad deal.

My uncle is going to have it hot tanked and checked for cracks, then we are going to bring it to my head/engine guy near Detroit Metro Airport for him to machine and assemble it for him. My uncle wants it built and he will swap the 400 for the 440 in the 72 Roadrunner that he just bought last week...

He's hoping to have it in by spring, but we'll see if it can be done. You all know how delays come along, spring is just around the corner when you need to build an engine, pull the old one, touch up the engine compartment, and install another engine.... That's not much time at all....

The engine guy is on board and ready to go as soon as we can get the engine to him. :glasses7:

I talked to Rob (RustyRatRod) and he recommended a great cam that will make 450 ft lbs of torque from 2000 to 4500 RPM, which will go great in that B-body. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Big shout out to Rob for the help... Thanks again Rob... :prayer: :cheers:

Looks like a little tiny R+R Salvage That used to be in Aurora, MO.

Ok, so where is this little place called heaven located. I may get to go to heaven someday and I need to know where to set my GPS.

:sad5: Holy Cow!

There is a complete running 440 by me for 500 bucks. Hmmmm........

Yeah, I thought that we could find one cheaper, but I have small blocks, not many big blocks. I don't know the current big block market right now...

But it is guaranteed, if you buy a cracked block from craigslist, you get stuck with it...

Also keep in mind that he's a small time, small town, Mopar only salvage yard... How many walk-ins do you think he gets on a daily basis? He has overhead and bills to pay, he needs to make some money to stay open. It is a niche market....

Even Mancini Racing who's been Mopar only for years/decades had to start carrying Ford & Chevy parts to stay alive in the down turn...

We have something like THAT in THIS state??? :hello1:

Yep, but it's a drive... It's a good haul west of Aurora, IL...

But we do have ONE Mopar only salvage yard in our state... (We got that going for us... --> Caddyshack Dali Lama reference...) :D

At least you're not down in Carbondale... That would be a haul!!!

-
Back