I will not start an auction for Tyler, please stop sending money.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340john

Reaction score
Thank you all very much for all the positive comments about what I was trying to do. However, due to some of the negitive comments and ALL THE NEGITIVE AND HURTFUL PM's I receiced, I have decided to stop collecting money for this cause. There was $178 donated plus the $800 from the sale of my Mustang and $175 from the sale of my junker models. That adds up to $1153.00. I will give Cheryl (Tyler's mom) a check for that amount tomorrow and she can add that to the $640 that I collected from our local car club and she can add that to the money he's been saving. For those of you that were positive...that you again.

Why are people such d-bags? Trying to do something good for a youngster and they just can not keep there mouths shut....

Thank you all very much for all the positive comments about what I was trying to do. However, due to some of the negitive comments and ALL THE NEGITIVE AND HURTFUL PM's I receiced, I have decided to stop collecting money for this cause. There was $178 donated plus the $800 from the sale of my Mustang and $175 from the sale of my junker models. That adds up to $1153.00. I will give Cheryl (Tyler's mom) a check for that amount tomorrow and she can add that to the $640 that I collected from our local car club and she can add that to the money he's been saving. For those of you that were positive...that you again.

Why are people such d-bags? Trying to do something good for a youngster and they just can not keep there mouths shut....

I agree...I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this.

I will take the heat on wanting to do this the
legal and way to protect the members here.

I sent John nothing in pm's.

Please read the purple at the bottom of this that I brought over from the other thread.

On the advise of my attorney I am out on having anything to do with buying this car. I am going to leave it at that.
I think it would be great if some day he was to have the car.

My decision is strictly from my attorney's legal opinion based off the laws of the State of Oklahoma. Laws vary from state to state.

I would love to see Tyler have his dad's car. These posts is not in any way intended to mess up what you are doing, but strictly to avoid legal problems should something go south.

If I was on the controlling end of doing this, I would get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

Well 340John, you have done well for the kid, and anyone being negative should feel a bit remorseful, but I doubt they have that kind of fortitude in their character.

Please read the purple at the bottom of this that I brought over from the other thread.

Yes, I will say honestly that none of the PM's I received were from you. You only posted concern for our members and to make sure that everyone's *** was covered.

You were just trying to do something nice here..... I give you alot of credit for taking the initiative to help Tyler save a piece of his dad's legacy. The negative reactions you received and the fact that some are afraid of some unforseen legal ramifications is simply a sign of the times. Your heart was in the right place and you have earned my respect!

I don't want to sound like a dick, here, but I have to ask, the next time we have a benefit auction for a FABO member should we set up some sort of contract within the site saying that the money pledged goes where the benefactors want it to go based on the needs of the person for whom the funds are raised?

If I remember rightly, you had a benefit auction not too long ago. And one was set up for Sarah and I. Should I produce receipts on site for money spent in Rochester while Sarah was in a coma? That money helped me live for a month and is now going to health care costs as the bills are coming in as well as keeping me solvent until I feel well enough to back to work. Some of it has now gone to a down payment on a headstone. I have receipts I'm willing to produce if need be.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just asking.

Wasn't too long ago this site came together and bought a member a car. An older gentleman, it's true, with a smaller engine, yes, but the liability is the same. Accidents happen, even with older drivers and smaller horsepower. For those of you on the site when that purchase was made was the same kind of contract made for liability issues or if the seller backed out of the deal?

Like I said, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just asking questions that should have answers considering the "argument" here.

To me, though, for those members attacking John through PM, if you didn't want to help, then just sit it out.

:wack: JOHN SORRY TO HEAR THIS AS I WAS GOING TO DONATE SOME PARTS FOR AUCTION,,ITS AMAZING HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN RUIN THINGS FOR OTHERS,,ESPECIALLY FOR A YOUNG MAN WHO NEVER KNEW HIS Dad,,,:wack:

I don't want to sound like a dick, here, but I have to ask, the next time we have a benefit auction for a FABO member should we set up some sort of contract within the site saying that the money pledged goes where the benefactors want it to go based on the needs of the person for whom the funds are raised?

If I remember rightly, you had a benefit auction not too long ago. And one was set up for Sarah and I. Should I produce receipts on site for money spent in Rochester while Sarah was in a coma? That money helped me live for a month and is now going to health care costs as the bills are coming in as well as keeping me solvent until I feel well enough to back to work. Some of it has now gone to a down payment on a headstone. I have receipts I'm willing to produce if need be.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just asking.

Wasn't too long ago this site came together and bought a member a car. An older gentleman, it's true, with a smaller engine, yes, but the liability is the same. Accidents happen, even with older drivers and smaller horsepower. For those of you on the site when that purchase was made was the same kind of contract made for liability issues or if the seller backed out of the deal?

Like I said, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just asking questions that should have answers considering the "argument" here.

To me, though, for those members attacking John through PM, if you didn't want to help, then just sit it out.

The problem is Tyler is 17 and is a minor.

Now the history.... I went through a deal over dealing with a minor about 7 or 8 years ago and almost had the law involved. This guy looked in his mid 20s with a full beard and sold me some scrap. His mother got pissed because he got rid of some stuff she wanted so I hauled it all back again and got my money back. Now I get an ID to make sure that I am not dealing with a minor.

This time I called my attorney before I sent any money and was advised to not send anything until his parent or legal guardian was on the receiving end because if Tyler got hurt or killed because of this car then everyone involved could be liable since Tyler is a minor. If Tyler was working on the car and got hurt then we could be liable. It is strictly the minor issue and noting else.

I am still in to donate items for an auction if the paperwork gets done legally. I would love for Tyler to have his dad's car and have always stated that.

If I am perceived as a bad person for wanting to cover everyone's butt on this site then so be it. I would have felt much worse if I let everyone get sued if something did happen and I had said nothing. You have to remember things aren't the way they were 25 years ago.

Your a good man and mentor for Tyler. I have no problem with you doing what ever you feel is right for Tyler with the money I donated. It is a shame that we as Americans trying to do the right thing have to worry about CYA. But it is what it is.

It's really sad how someone can make a good thing turn into something negative due to their bullshit comments and disrespectful attitude. Pisses me off. Too many members like this on this site. Sorry this has happened to discourage you.

Might get hit by a bus......maybe should just stay inside......

Hmmph.....un freakin believable, the world is so trucked up you can't even help out a fellow man, or in this case boy, without fear of negative ramifications. :wack: What the shell is wrong with us, and what are we coming to? :banghead:

This would have solved the problem. Now tell me why this wasn't a logical answer so the process could have continued to acquire the car that belonged to Tyler's father? This is so simple that anyone should have the ability to comprehend it.

Get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

The next person to post to this thread please answer the question in BLUE and UNDERLINED above.

It shouldn't be to hard to have a contract written up from his Mother if she wants him to have the car.

I will agree with the contract though as this wonderful country we live in has so many people that look for anyway possible to get money. I once heard a guy say that USA stands for U Sue Anybody and you can see it. In Utah, there was a group of boy scouts out and a storm moved in quickly and some kids got stuck. It is a sad deal for sure, but now the families are suing BSA.

People will sue for anything.

Ink and paper will help prevent it

This would have solved the problem. Now tell me why this wasn't a logical answer so the process could have continued to acquire the car that belonged to Tyler's father? This is so simple that anyone should have the ability to comprehend it.

Get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

The next person to post to this thread please answer the question in BLUE and UNDERLINED above.

I totally agree>>>>>>

Why don't you answer the question above too?

Maybe you should also read the post above yours too.

I am prepared to ask each person that posts this question so be ready.

I get the feeling that it's not so much the legal issues that halted this effort as it was the hurtful p.m.'s. Shame on those people.

It is a very good thing you're doing for Tyler, being his friend, mentor, and role model, in the absense of his father. Don't let the haters mess with your head.

I'll answer a question with a question: did you PM John about your concerns? Like I said, I wasn't picking a fight, but you seemed to have taken my questions personally.

John posted a thread sharing a story about this young man and a car and some members jumped up and said "let's buy it!" Why not move forward with it then, when some were so supportive? But since you have all the answers for this, did you get a hold of John directly and ask him to slow down a bit before moving forward? I don't know, so I'm asking. What I do see is a bunch of the same posts on different threads that may have soured a lot of people to the idea and led to the PM's John's gotten. You were very public with your concerns which may have touched off a mob mentality here.

You didn't answer my questions, either.

Want me to set up the liability on every situation I'll even use myself for example. Sarah was sick. She was out of work, I closed my shop to be with her. There was those who found out and started a benefit auction. They were going by my reputation on here over the past three plus years of being an honest guy and being straight forward, but they had no physical proof other than my say-so. (And another member here, who's a damned good friend, a few more who have become friends.) How do you know I wasn't taking the money and building a meth lab with it? If the lab exploded guess who's liable for helping me set it up? You guys. Guess who might be held accountable for the funding? Any lawyer can find the lawsuit in any situation, any DA can push the charges and see if they stick. (Especially with RICO laws, he might not be able to get everyone, but he might be able to get Joey.) If this brings a **** storm on me, like I said, I've got receipts for everything from Burger King, to gas receipts, to the first week of hotel rental, to now a down payment on a headstone... I have nothing to hide. I'm honest. Can you verify that with every story that comes on this site, though?

We take certain things on faith.

This site bought memike a car. There's liability involved with that, too. He could have killed himself on the way home because a balljoint came apart or a front tire exploded. If a lawyer can make this situation about being a minor, another lawyer could help make this site liable if Treva wanted to pursue things if that had happened. Hey, memike's doing a little hot rodding with Victoria. The throttle sticks open, he looses control, hits a tree head on. Never would have happened if the site hadn't bought him the car. See where I'm going?

Was there a contract drawn up absolving the site of all liability if memike has an accident going forward? Should we draw up contracts for every benefit thread absolving the site of all liability if funds aren't placed where they were promised to go?

Gimme a break.

I've brought this up on other threads. We have (had) a scammer on here. The kid would come in almost like clock work and put up a thread telling us some sob story about how he didn't have money. Every time the story was just about the same, just a few details worded a little differently, yet people kept sending him money. Where were you, oh-guardian-of-the-site, calling him out? I've not named names any times I've spoken about this issue. It's not my obligation to do so. Some people like giving and it's up the individual to make that determination. I'm not this site's guardian as I'm not the owner and I'm not a mod.

Where's Joey's concerns about this? As site owner his is the most liability. I don't see him shutting down every benefit thread, every auction going on. Maybe his own lawyers have already spoken about these issues? Maybe not, I don't know. What I do know is that you've stepped forward and appointed yourself guardian... who asked you to? Oh, I believe you think you're doing the right thing, but you definitely could have picked a different way about going about it.

Do you think you're bearing the abuse for doing what you feel is the right thing from those of us who disagree?

So's John.

And I imagine I will be, too, after this post.

Funny how that works isn't it?

I'll answer a question with a question: did you PM John about your concerns? Like I said, I wasn't picking a fight, but you seemed to have taken my questions personally.

John posted a thread sharing a story about this young man and a car and some members jumped up and said "let's buy it!" Why not move forward with it then, when some were so supportive? But since you have all the answers for this, did you get a hold of John directly and ask him to slow down a bit before moving forward? I don't know, so I'm asking. What I do see is a bunch of the same posts on different threads that may have soured a lot of people to the idea and led to the PM's John's gotten. You were very public with your concerns which may have touched off a mob mentality here.

You didn't answer my questions, either.

Want me to set up the liability on every situation I'll even use myself for example. Sarah was sick. She was out of work, I closed my shop to be with her. There was those who found out and started a benefit auction. They were going by my reputation on here over the past three plus years of being an honest guy and being straight forward, but they had no physical proof other than my say-so. (And another member here, who's a damned good friend, a few more who have become friends.) How do you know I wasn't taking the money and building a meth lab with it? If the lab exploded guess who's liable for helping me set it up? You guys. Guess who might be held accountable for the funding? Any lawyer can find the lawsuit in any situation, any DA can push the charges and see if they stick. (Especially with RICO laws, he might not be able to get everyone, but he might be able to get Joey.) If this brings a **** storm on me, like I said, I've got receipts for everything from Burger King, to gas receipts, to the first week of hotel rental, to now a down payment on a headstone... I have nothing to hide. I'm honest. Can you verify that with every story that comes on this site, though?

We take certain things on faith.

This site bought memike a car. There's liability involved with that, too. He could have killed himself on the way home because a balljoint came apart or a front tire exploded. If a lawyer can make this situation about being a minor, another lawyer could help make this site liable if Treva wanted to pursue things if that had happened. Hey, memike's doing a little hot rodding with Victoria. The throttle sticks open, he looses control, hits a tree head on. Never would have happened if the site hadn't bought him the car. See where I'm going?

Was there a contract drawn up absolving the site of all liability if memike has an accident going forward? Should we draw up contracts for every benefit thread absolving the site of all liability if funds aren't placed where they were promised to go?

Gimme a break.

I've brought this up on other threads. We have (had) a scammer on here. The kid would come in almost like clock work and put up a thread telling us some sob story about how he didn't have money. Every time the story was just about the same, just a few details worded a little differently, yet people kept sending him money. Where were you, oh-guardian-of-the-site, calling him out? I've not named names any times I've spoken about this issue. It's not my obligation to do so. Some people like giving and it's up the individual to make that determination. I'm not this site's guardian as I'm not the owner and I'm not a mod.

Where's Joey's concerns about this? As site owner his is the most liability. I don't see him shutting down every benefit thread, every auction going on. Maybe his own lawyers have already spoken about these issues? Maybe not, I don't know. What I do know is that you've stepped forward and appointed yourself guardian... who asked you to? Oh, I believe you think you're doing the right thing, but you definitely could have picked a different way about going about it.

Do you think you're bearing the abuse for doing what you feel is the right thing from those of us who disagree?

So's John.

And I imagine I will be, too, after this post.

Funny how that works isn't it?

No, I didn't pm John and that was clearly said by him in this thread. I posted what my concerns were openely on the board when the original threads were started. As far me having seemed to have taken your questions personally. That is the furtherest thing from the truth. I clearly said I would take te heat well before you posted so I was responding to what you said that had anything to do with this situation.

I was and am ready to donate when the paperwork is in place. I find that most people on this site want to operate with in the law. Souring people? Wasn't the total donated here $178? People weren't biting and there was never that much support at the point I posted. I posted the statement and the answer on how to fix the problem.

Yes, this statement answered your question about Tyler but I guess it went over your head. The rest of the question didn't apply to anything in this situation.

"The problem is Tyler is 17 and is a minor.

Now the history.... I went through a deal over dealing with a minor about 7 or 8 years ago and almost had the law involved. This guy looked in his mid 20s with a full beard and sold me some scrap. His mother got pissed because he got rid of some stuff she wanted so I hauled it all back again and got my money back. Now I get an ID to make sure that I am not dealing with a minor.

This time I called my attorney before I sent any money and was advised to not send anything until his parent or legal guardian was on the receiving end because if Tyler got hurt or killed because of this car then everyone involved could be liable since Tyler is a minor. If Tyler was working on the car and got hurt then we could be liable. It is strictly the minor issue and noting else."

Was memike an adult that could legally enter into a binding contract? Yes, he was. Can Tyler at 17 legally enter in to a contract? Laws vary from state to state so that is whay I suggested to check the laws in NJ. In Oklahoma Tyler can't enter into a contract.

I wasn't a member at that time or maybe it happened when I took a break from this site so I can offer absolutely nothing about this. I can say I have heard comments on how members were ripped off on this but that is my limit.

What Joey has or has not done, I have no idea. If you have read the threads I tried to make a simple statement that would withdrawl my support that I had agreed to provide. I did that on the advise of my attorney since I had legaly exposed myself. I was going to edit my posts but that windwo had closed and I was also quoted in someone elses post. People started asking questions so I honestly answered them. The thing I would change is the fact that I said I would contribute in the original thread. I did that without thinking.

No, I don't consider it abuse because that is why I stepped up to the plate as soon as I saw the post come up. I consider it your right to free speech. I won't take the heat for any private messages because I sent nothing to John.

Noy sure about what you are trying to say there I will direct you back to John's Quote in post 7.

Yes, I will say honestly that none of the PM's I received were from you. You only posted concern for our members and to make sure that everyone's *** was covered.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969638052&postcount=7

I still don't know if my statement or what was in the pms is where this post came from. Maybe it was a combination of both. John has never said and I guess you just like myself never sent him a pm to ask either.

Now I have answered all of your questions.
Would you please read the entire following statement and answer it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back