I wish I had the cash right now

-
Hey Jack I'll loan ya the money for 16 months and because you're a member her and a super nice guy I'll only charge ya 8%. Hey what do ya say.:evil3:

Jack,

That will definitely put you back in the seat, when you nail it. Are you sure your heart will handle all that excitement? I don't think mine would...LOL...

Bill S.

Hey Jack I'll loan ya the money for 16 months and because you're a member her and a super nice guy I'll only charge ya 8%. Hey what do ya say.:evil3:

Oh thanks a bunch Terry. I didn't know your real last name was Gotti! Or maybe it's Knuckles. LOL

I could scrap the money together, but i don't think the wife would be to happy about it. LOL

Jack

Oh thanks a bunch Terry. I didn't know your real last name was Gotti! Or maybe it's Knuckles. LOL

I could scrap the money together, but i don't think the wife would be to happy about it. LOL

Jack

I second that emotion !!!

I've seen a 6-71 blower on a slant 6 at Don Garlits one year,all it would take is fabricating an adapter plate to mate the two together !! And I just happen to know such a guy !!:D

I've seen a 6-71 blower on a slant 6 at Don Garlits one year,all it would take is fabricating an adapter plate to mate the two together !! And I just happen to know such a guy !!:D

You could get it on there, but the 6:71 is a positive displacement air pump that, turrning at cranksshat speed (1:1 pulleys) would ram 426 cubic inches of air into that little 225 every revolution of the engine. Since it's a 4-cycle engine, it only uses 225 divided by 2, or 112.5 cubic inches of air every revolution,, you'd end up with a LOT of boost... a LOT.

The answer, would be to severely underdrive the rotors with a smaller crank pulley, but these blowers don't much like severe underdrives...

A better setup would be to find a 4:71, or even a 3:71, which would be more in keeping with the size of the reciprocating assembly (displacement.)

I think Magnusson (and, others) have some smaller-displacement blowers that would work well on a /6.

But, size IS important, when it comes to matching these pretty parts up.

A slant six and a 6:71 is not going to work very well...

Hey Jack,

Check out Racing Junk ad #2464135. Just thought you might like this one.

Bill S.

-
Back