I wish we had more info on how to add the bluster foam kit for the 1966 barracuda seats!

-

68 dart conv

Reaction score
Well I put my bottom seat cover for my 66 Barracuda today from Legendary Auto Interiors.
I should have put the bluster kit on first!! It looks to flat. I will have to take it apart later but it does sit flat with no wrinkles. Too bad!!!!
I'm starting on the top one now and have the original foam to make a template to shape the foam for the bluster shape.

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

The listing rods need to be installed in the sleeves on the underside of the covers. Then they need to be pulled down and hog ringed to the springs to give the seats the pleated look. Not very easy to do which is why most people don´t do it

I ordered the covers and foam from pui for my 64.
What a pita.
After an ordeal on the first seat,I learned what to do on the second one.

Thanks for the support to my issue. Yes I did attach the cover to the listing wire.
Any photos also help with assembly of seats. I have been watching the how video's on youtube.
The cig is a classic look!

Best $560 I spent was having someone rebuild and recover my seats.....wish I paid him for the headliner while I was there!

Did you add bolstering to the seat bottom and the back? I'm going to be taking mine to friends upholstery shop and I want to make sure I bring them everything they may need.

Your seat turned out nice.

Buy the PG foam! Lots of effort goes in to redoing these with the legendary or PUI foam! Much work is still required to get the bolsters correct!

Your seats had a burlap cover over the springs with interwoven steel wires in them. Shortcuts suck in the end! The flags you see all over the side of the road marking utilities serve well as replacements. Just a thought! Makes for a nice firm seat as original! JMO!

I used the full kit from legendary, while I am very pleased with the covers the foam and prep stuff sucked! Took much work to get the results expected!

Last edited:
951BBC7C-8C9C-4071-84AC-D20F989311B1.jpeg
478DEC55-6148-4FCB-8BD8-D43476F5496F.jpeg
Well here’s the photos of the seat back together I have to do some work to the floor so I’m just putting it back together once he did time right now. The floor is cracked where are the seat mounts to the sheet metal so I need to get that fixed. Here’s the photos of the seat.I put the seat in Super Bowl Sunday ran out of time to vacuum that’ll be my next chore.

It’s unfortunate that the ‘66 seats are narrower then the ‘63-65 seats and offer no lateral support like the ‘63-65 seats did .

-
Back