I work with morons !!!

-

340john

Reaction score
I normally make sure everything is locked up before I leave the shop at night. However, yesterday, I had to leave a little early for a doctor appointment, but I figured at least someone would be smart enough to know how lock up the shop. I guess I was wrong! I came in this morning and the gate to the yard was closed...but not locked (we have about 40 cars in the back ranging from 2011 down to 1956). The back door was open (so anyone could have walked right in, toolboxes could have been stolen, not to mention cars)(we have a 1970 Challenger R/T convertible, 1969 Camaro SS,1968 Firebird convertible, 1970 Camaro SS, and newer collision jobs too), and there was a car in the lot with the 4 way flashers on. This isn't even my business...I just work here but I take pride in my job and I do what should be done...the right way. These guys are not kids...they are all in their 30's and up. Thank you for letting me vent.

John

I've been to Edison a few times to different places. Many people have all that stuff locked when they are there. If you want something done right, do it yourself. After all they are auto body techs, not locksmiths. LOL

Doesn't the owner care??? :wack:All it will take is one break in, I mean walk in, and that will all change. I suggest you keep a detailed inventory of all your tools so that when (not if) the theft happens you don't end up on the short end. Don't leave anything at work that can't be replaced.

If there isn't a chain of command and/or delegation of responcibilty everyone is a moron.

If there isn't a chain of command and/or delegation of responsibility everyone is a moron.

Even when there is a chain of command, and delegation, there can still be morons-just morons with more consequences...check out my post on the way out forum on bad eval bullets-where the boss has a write up on the competence of the employee that goes a little something like this:

"His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity."

"A gross ignoramus - 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus."

"Obviously, from the shallow end of the gene pool."

"This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."

"This young lady has delusions of adequacy."

"Mind like a steel trap - rusted shut."

"She would argue with a signpost."

"When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell."

"He has a knack for making strangers immediately."

"The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead."

"It's hard to believe that he beat 1,000,000 other sperm to the egg."

"He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the room."

"If you stand close enough to her, you can hear the ocean."

"Takes him 2 hours to watch '60 Minutes.'"

"A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on."

"She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them."

"Works well under constant supervision and when cornered like a rat in a trap."

"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled."

-Sometimes the hardest things about work, are the fools that you work for/with.

:)

Where do you work?!??! :glasses7:

Had to say it and I'm surprised someone didn't beat me to it, haha.

Anyway, yeah like others have already said, to many folks out there that don't care if it isn't theirs :crybaby:

Make a sign and put it up for next time someone does something stupid.

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

The answer to this is simple 340 you have taken it upon yourself to ensure the proper security measures are taken care of [because you care] upon doing that you elected your self Mr. Security Officer [in the eyes of co morons] so when your not there your co morons don't even think about doing anything cause you always do it, but if some thing were to have happened you would have been blamed even tho you had left early i'm sure. I think what you need to do is talk to the supervisor or owner and get some kind of responsibility ladder going,they are taking advantage of your caring attiude. I'm the first to enter and the last to leave my place i open and lock down if anything happens i'm the only one to blame because it's my responsibility.

There is problems along the whole chain of command.First employies should take pride in there shop to make sure every thing is off and lock up,tool boxes and cars and what ever else is in there.Two,where is the nut case who owns the place,and the manager or big cheeze running the shop.Your place needs some serious straighting out,with the people and owners,as the next time your going to be missing 250-500,000$ worth of **** in a couple of hours my freind.I have seen this happen,to a freinds garage,take about adult men crying and jobs out the window,get your **** straighten out fast for your sake,or the only thing you will have is your shorts,mrmopartech

-
Back