IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO BEING ISOLATED AT HOME

-
I actually felt like opening up the garage today, I have big dreams of doing projects on my car but my health holds me back, neck and back problems, spinal stenosis and all, with all the time now its ashame I cant do the things I want to without pain, but hoping to do a little at a time to keep me going.

View attachment 1715494462
Keep safe Mitch sure enjoy having you around and hope for a long time.

Finished the dual exhaust project on my Barracuda. Still working too, ag deemed essential. Today I started and tuned a 400 hp VFD and turbine pump for a large orchard for frost protection. Might take tomorrow off though.

Little indoor easy gratifying project, going to restore this pipe. Neighbor gave it to me before he passed at 88.
P1000951.JPG

Looks good your not to far away could ya do one on my door.
I need more practice.
3” square to about a foot square on door. Projector was 6 feet away on the hoist. Holding the arms up was taxing, but i was enjoying it.

Finished the dual exhaust project on my Barracuda. Still working too, ag deemed essential. Today I started and tuned a 400 hp VFD and turbine pump for a large orchard for frost protection. Might take tomorrow off though.
20200321_153419.jpg
20200321_153510.jpg
Got my Pypes last week need to install them I hope in a few months.

I has got hot here in SE Tx early it has ben 90 the last couple of days. I could go out in that small tin bldg. and take parts out, rearrange it all, thro away lots of junk and crap that is basically wife's flower stuff! But it gets HOT in there quick and no air moving.
I was hoping I could have built a shed for the cars and to work under by now, but wife's R/E is feast or famine, usually famine!!! It will be hot building a shed now, if the big deal does close. I know huge amounts of sweat is good for me!!!!

You must have a reason not to punch a window in the other end. BTW I touch my wifes flower stuff at my peril!

I been working in the garden.

Before we moved in no one had used the garden for years so it needs LOTS of work.

A row of corn in and a row of sunflowers.
Cleared out an area for herbs and smaller plants. Cucumber, cilantro, carrots, celery, lettuce, basil, onions-green and red.
Another area for medium plants.
Bell peppers, sage, rosemary, tomatoes.

Im sure theres are some plants im forgetting but i was not as vigilant about marking the rows as i could have been..

Its my first time having a garden of thus size so we will see how it goes.

A interesting thing, there is a broccoli bush that must be 4' wide and 3' tall. Also a perfectly straight row of very healthy kale.
These plants have had no water in who knows how long and they were just happily growing amongst the weeds and leaves.

Now THAT is awesome!
Thanks, it was a good find.
I bought it off my neighbors, they purchased it new for their oldest son, but he went slowly blind, hence the low miles.
I kept it serviced and in running condition for years for them, so they sold it to me when it was time.
I also bought an 1983 Honda Civic off them, garage kept with 50K miles on it, just recently sold it. The civic was equally nice.

I been working in the garden.

Before we moved in no one had used the garden for years so it needs LOTS of work.

A row of corn in and a row of sunflowers.
Cleared out an area for herbs and smaller plants. Cucumber, cilantro, carrots, celery, lettuce, basil, onions-green and red.
Another area for medium plants.
Bell peppers, sage, rosemary, tomatoes.

Im sure theres are some plants im forgetting but i was not as vigilant about marking the rows as i could have been..

Its my first time having a garden of thus size so we will see how it goes.

A interesting thing, there is a broccoli bush that must be 4' wide and 3' tall. Also a perfectly straight row of very healthy kale.
These plants have had no water in who knows how long and they were just happily growing amongst the weeds and leaves.

I have a feeling we will see a lot of home gardens this year. Really fresh produce, saving the budget as well as a great use of time. We usually do the easy ones, tomatoes and green beans, zukini all in a container style garden but this may be a break out year! Just watch the bugs!

You must have a reason not to punch a window in the other end. BTW I touch my wifes flower stuff at my peril!
Too damn many shelves in the way!!!! I might yet! If and when I get my car shed ( garage would be a stretched term!) UP, that shed will only be entered in winter!!! lol

Garden!? We always have a pretty decent size one, it is time!!!! Cheaper to buy sweet corn at the grocery here but we have everything else. We always buy Bonnie plants but last year every damn variety was marked wrong!! Still pissed!!
Freezer still have veggies from last year yet!! Tomatoes all kinds of peppers okra, several varieties of peas, red beans for butter beans, squash, zuceenie, greens, eggplant, bell peppers, yum!!

I have a feeling we will see a lot of home gardens this year. Really fresh produce, saving the budget as well as a great use of time. We usually do the easy ones, tomatoes and green beans, zukini all in a container style garden but this may be a break out year! Just watch the bugs!
Fresh garden veggies are the best. I normally only plant a few tomato plants because they all seem to ripen at once. I did not plant anything last year because my neighbor brings me alot of them.
I planted wild flower last year, to help pollinate the plants. This year I am panting cucumbers, along with the wild flowers.
I have a great spot that grows melons it stays damp, and gets afternoon sun, plus it is right beside my metal garage, so the plants get heat off the building.

It does help that my grandparents had a commercial greenhouse for years, and I grew up working with them in the business, so I have a green thumb.

Too damn many shelves in the way!!!! I might yet! If and when I get my car shed ( garage would be a stretched term!) UP, that shed will only be entered in winter!!! lol

My friend in florida set his up so when the door opened it automatically turned on a big box fan. he was pretty inventive.

Semi-retired here so I work a couple of days a week. I just got the OK to continue working, we were deemed essential. So far I cleaned up the garden for this year's planting, cleaned up a huge area of wind-blown debris, got the front end and rear end reassembled on the Dart, and did lots of cooking. I'm thinking about dinner tonight, might be a good excuse to smoke a rack of ribs.

Otherwise I've indulged in a number of days, just slopping around the house in sweats and wasting time. A mini stay-cation!

-
Back