IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO BEING ISOLATED AT HOME

-
20200327_135643.jpg
My father in law made this light switch for me and put it in the garage today. Just gotta keep the grand kids away from it...

My friend in florida set his up so when the door opened it automatically turned on a big box fan. he was pretty inventive.
If the guy buying my place in Mo. pays it off this June, we will be moving further West here in Tx. to escape some humidity and find some wind!! Unless the Corono kills me first!! So I refuse to spend much while still here!! SE Tx is a hot and humid swamp. Almost like SW Ga where I was raised. I can take 100 plus if dry and some wind!!
I have a Mopar bud up in NE La. he built his shop/garage with central AC/heat!! lol

The one good thing about our hobby is we have a.....hobby.

I know a lot of people who just live in apartments and work and then play online or watch netflix or go out to bars on weekends. They're going crazy right now being stuck at home while I'm actually being more productive on the cars and the house since I can't go do anything else for a while.

The one good thing about our hobby is we have a.....hobby.

I know a lot of people who just live in apartments and work and then play online or watch netflix or go out to bars on weekends. They're going crazy right now being stuck at home while I'm actually being more productive on the cars and the house since I can't go do anything else for a while.
That's for sure encouraging words thanks.

If the guy buying my place in Mo. pays it off this June, we will be moving further West here in Tx. to escape some humidity and find some wind!! Unless the Corono kills me first!! So I refuse to spend much while still here!! SE Tx is a hot and humid swamp. Almost like SW Ga where I was raised. I can take 100 plus if dry and some wind!!
I have a Mopar bud up in NE La. he built his shop/garage with central AC/heat!! lol
Kinda like here in winter at 40 below really not much different cold or heat.
The good thing here is I can put on extra coats but can only strip down so far in the heat.
Drove semi in the south with high humidity and blazing temps. not knowing what to expect till I got out of an air conditioned semi to stop for food and fuel and just about passed out from the heat. But is great down there in winter most the time.

Filed for 'un-enjoy-ment' benefits, plugs changed in the Hemi, new drive belt on the John Deere, yard graded where I burned stumps out over the winter.

Planting more grass seed in the morning. :)

I set up a new optic on one of my rifles today. Reading a new book. Mounted a Moroso battery box in the trunk of my skanky Barracuda. Not a bad day, even though my business has slowed down to a crawl.

I set up a new optic on one of my rifles today. Reading a new book. Mounted a Moroso battery box in the trunk of my skanky Barracuda. Not a bad day, even though my business has slowed down to a crawl.
Hope this goes away soon but I think not for sometime.
New optics! I like that idea..

The first cases in Houston were found very first of this month. Something like 15, the next week there were 30. Today the number of cases is 500 and the ones recovered is 35. Today is the 28 of March. That tells me it takes around 2-3 weeks for people to be considered well!! This whole thing will take awhile!!!

The first cases in Houston were found very first of this month. Something like 15, the next week there were 30. Today the number of cases is 500 and the ones recovered is 35. Today is the 28 of March. That tells me it takes around 2-3 weeks for people to be considered well!! This whole thing will take awhile!!!
Yea sounds like it will, Hope it's over with by summer I plan having my scamp done and want to go for a long cruise.

More yard work. The big tree at right died off last summer, so I have been wanting to drop it. It was leaning towards my mulberry tree & all the big limbs up top were on that side too. So the goal was to try to swing it about 20-30 degrees.

tree 1.JPG

It went KABOOM real good & right on target, well away from the Mulberry tree. :)

tree 4.JPG

20200329_145633.jpg
Today pulled the plane out of the garage and just finished painting the nose. Next will be the red stripes then tail and wings.
Been slow going no ventilation in the shop and to cold to leave the door open.

I loose more than I win but learning. Sorry for your loss was a nice pipe.
I had to find out the hard way tho. Story of my life. I read a couple articles on how to do the restore and none of them mentioned alcohol. But I knew better. :)
Meerschaum is a weird substance kind of like chalk, not to be trifled with. Lesson learned I guess.

I had to find out the hard way tho. Story of my life. I read a couple articles on how to do the restore and none of them mentioned alcohol. But I knew better. :)
Meerschaum is a weird substance kind of like chalk, not to be trifled with. Lesson learned I guess.
We all learn by goofing up. When we do it right the first time we should be able to walk on water. lol

I got a whole lot of nothing done today, was going over to my storage shed to hook up the choke on the duster and my 4 year old granddaughter wanted to go.
So I did get the wire run while she played in my willys jeep, but not every hooked up.
She drove me crazy, said she was driving the jeep to go get donuts, worked every switch on the dash. Lord only knows what she broke in it.
Then she was ready to go, so we went to Tractor Supply, they had a new shipment of peeps come in, she likes the little chicks.
Now getting ready to start the grill, cook some burgers.

I've been working on my 68 Pick up. Removed the old gas tank from the cab ( behind the seat), and installed a new one between the frame rails at the back of the truck. Also removed the mechanical fuel pump and installed an external electric fuel pump and regulator. with an inline filter.
That part is done, I finished it on Saturday morning. Presently waiting for a couple of new pick up bed cross members, before installing the new Oak bed floor, with stainless hardware.
I prepared the wood floor with four coats of gloss, Spar Varnish, essentially the same stuff they use on Mahogany boats. As soon as the new cross members arrive, i should be able to get the floor done in about a week. Pics will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
I've been working on my 68 Pick up. Removed the old gas tank from the cab ( behind the seat), and installed a new one between the frame rails at the back of the truck. Also removed the mechanical fuel pump and installed an external electric fuel pump and regulator. with an inline filter.
That part is done, I finished it on Saturday morning.Presently waiting for a coupe of new pick up bead cross members, before installing the new Oak bed floor, with stainless hardware.
I prepared the wood floor with four coats of gloss, Spar Varnish, essentially the same stuff they use on Mahogany boats. As soon as the new cross members arrive, i should be able to get the floor done in about a week. Pics will be forthcoming.
Gotta see that when you get it done. Pictures please.

I got a whole lot of nothing done today, was going over to my storage shed to hook up the choke on the duster and my 4 year old granddaughter wanted to go.
So I did get the wire run while she played in my willys jeep, but not every hooked up.
She drove me crazy, said she was driving the jeep to go get donuts, worked every switch on the dash. Lord only knows what she broke in it.
Then she was ready to go, so we went to Tractor Supply, they had a new shipment of peeps come in, she likes the little chicks.
Now getting ready to start the grill, cook some burgers.
I have 17 grand kids and if they don't break something when they visit they were not here. lol
Burgers sound good I'll bring the beer.:)

Well, right now I'me rebuilding a set of lower control arms, to keep me busy for a little while. (B & E body ones.)
Now up to walking around the block, 3 times during the day.
Up to 3 miles now, as each walk around the block, is one mile.

-
Back