Identification and advice

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Surprise! I bet you thought it was someone super exciting and new, but nope it's just me again. Im just kidding I know I'm exciting.

Can we identify this shifter, bracket and other doohickeys? Also if there is a nice picture how it all mounts/attaches up that would be great!

I installed my 8 3/4 with new gears and sure grip and I'll have to get my driveshaft shortened or get a new one, which I'm leaning towards the new one as the price isn't much different.

Which brings me to me delima. I currently have the 340 with a 904 and column shifter. I'd prefer a floor shifter and lucky me I have one. It goes to a 727 though, which I also have. Since I'll the DS out and I'm also taking the front end apart to do disc brakes should I go ahead and install the 727 with the floor shifter or save that for another time?

Ps- I don't think I have upset my wife enough with all the car parts arriving and being installed on the car yet if that factors into the decision?

20191110_211204.jpg

20191110_211156.jpg

20191110_211148.jpg

20190712_134327.jpg

It can be an A,B or C body shifter. It will work with ur 904 no problem, if u get the other piece u need. The rod that goes thru the floor and the bracket that bolts to the extension housing. Kim

It can be an A,B or C body shifter. It will work with ur 904 no problem, if u get the other piece u need. The rod that goes thru the floor and the bracket that bolts to the extension housing. Kim

Do you have a picture of said rod and the bracket? I was told by the PO that these 3 pieces were all that I needed, and they came off a 68 dart gts

I waited 13 years to get serious about my build... don't wait. Do a little everyday or most days, even if it's only an hour. Take her out often though! (Your wife, not the car! Lol)
Good luck!

I waited 13 years to get serious about my build... don't wait. Do a little everyday or most days, even if it's only an hour. Take her out often though! (Your wife, not the car! Lol)
Good luck!

Luckily I got most of the parts with the purchase of the car which keep costs down. I figured if it's not to crazy of a swap and I have all the parts install it if not then I can hold off. But I'd rather only have to do the driveshaft once.

My wife and I have 3 kids it's hard to go on many dates especially with the youngest being 2 months old .

Luckily I got most of the parts with the purchase of the car which keep costs down. I figured if it's not to crazy of a swap and I have all the parts install it if not then I can hold off. But I'd rather only have to do the driveshaft once.

My wife and I have 3 kids it's hard to go on many dates especially with the youngest being 2 months old .
Congratulations! Seeing your family picture reminds me of my younger days raising a family, you are right it's not easy and I'll add that I now see some hypocrisy in my advice in that, I'm 56 this December, most of my kids are grown so I DO have time now... both for the car and most importantly my family. So with that here's my amended advice... car's are our hobby, if there desire is there, the car will always be there whether it's today or 13 years from today!

Be aware that many headers will interfere with the linkage. Basically, could be a big PITA. People usually resort to an aftermarket shifter (B&M, etc...) that uses a cable. A lot easier to install too. (You're going to have to correctly locate, and then weld that bracket to the floor. As well as cutting a hole in the right place.)

Be aware that many headers will interfere with the linkage. Basically, could be a big PITA. People usually resort to an aftermarket shifter (B&M, etc...) that uses a cable. A lot easier to install too. (You're going to have to correctly locate, and then weld that bracket to the floor. As well as cutting a hole in the right place.)

So aftermarket shifters are easier. I'm assuming smoother too.

I did not see it mentioned.........the bottom bracket support for the shaft bolts to holes in the automatic tail housing. YOUR TRANS must have those holes

Well I just learned something. I will say though that I have never put on a set of TTIs. Thanks. Kim

What about hooker headers? That's what I have and I like the look of my floor console piece that the shifter would go in.

Last edited:
I did not see it mentioned.........the bottom bracket support for the shaft bolts to holes in the automatic tail housing. YOUR TRANS must have those holes

I has them. I also now have a bunch of red tranny fluid all over behind my garage fridge and freezer that I can barely clean because the car on jack stands prevents me from pulling it out :wtf::BangHead:

20191111_100156.jpg

20191111_100203.jpg

20191111_100911.jpg

20191110_164134.jpg

Can we identify this shifter, bracket... I installed my 8 3/4 with new gears and sure grip and I'll have to get my driveshaft shortened or get a new one, which I'm leaning towards the new one as the price isn't much different...I currently have the 340 with a 904 and column shifter. I'd prefer a floor shifter and lucky me I have one. It goes to a 727 though, which I also have. Since I'll the DS out and I'm also taking the front end apart to do disc brakes should I go ahead and install the 727 with the floor shifter or save that for another time?...Ps- I don't think I have upset my wife enough with all the car parts arriving and being installed on the car yet if that factors into the decision?

I has them. I also now have a bunch of red tranny fluid all over behind my garage fridge and freezer that I can barely clean because the car on jack stands prevents me from pulling it out :wtf::BangHead:

oh boy, you got it bad. glad to see the garage has finally been sanctified by it's trans fluid baptism

-
Back