Idiot light with gauge

-

Reaction score
Is there a factory and or aftermarket replacement for the oil light with a gauge for stock 68 valiant dash??

Install a tee at the location where the pressure sending unit is, plug the sending unit into one side and hook it up and get a simple mechanical oil pressure gauge for under the dash. This is the best if both worlds - real oil pressure information and an idiot light in the dash to get your attention when something fails.. We do it on race cars for temp, oil pressure, trans temp etc all the time

Mid 70s, to mid 80s dodge ram vans have a nice tee to fit the ID10T light and a gage. The bonus is they are easy to get at with the doghouse removed. As far as swapping the light out with a gage in the dash maybe somebody else has done that.

20200928_151959.jpg

Is there a factory and or aftermarket replacement for the oil light with a gauge for stock 68 valiant dash??
The other guys here seem to understand but I for one have no frickin idea what it is that you are asking

I recall seeing that mod but I dont recall the details. All 3 gauges are calibrated about the same. Main difference is the screens. So a temp or fuel gauge could become a oil gauge.
The hash marks on that gauge he used are identical to the fuel gauge screen. How he changed E to L, F to H? How he got "oil" in front of the gauge? Some custom decal printing I presume.

Thanks for clarifying. Red^^ said what I know. I've seen this done, even in the 68 Dart style dash, but don't know how exactly.

-
Back