Idiots at Stellantis....................."vroom-vroom sounds"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Bad enough that the manufacturers are caving to the EV nonsense, now Stellantis is going to make fake audio "engine" sounds as well as some models with "electricity shocking" sounds, whatever in the heck THAT means.................

But other than the idiocy of this, I wonder how much "non green" wasted power this system will use?

Old hat already Del, Korean cars & others have been playing fake engine sounds thru the speakers for a few now...

Yep. The article I read about the electric Challenger said it's going to have an engine sound. I also watched a video where a guy had a Tesla Plaid, and he had an app that he could choose different engine sounds from. One of the sounds was a cammed Hellcat.

Teslas already have engine sounds, and a coworker told me it's for parking lots. Apparently too many pedestrians were being hit because they couldn't hear the car approaching. I say keep those damn cars silent and let nature do her job if people are going to be that stupid....

Old hat already Del, Korean cars & others have been playing fake engine sounds thru the speakers for a few now...
Reminds me of the standard joke back in the day, about the new Yugo GT- the option consisted of a cassette deck and tape that played "vroom vroom" sounds.
The sad part is now it's real...

Speaking of the "silent" electric cars, my wife's aunt was tending to her small vegetable garden back in the early part of spring. She was working away when she heard a car door close, she turned around & the was a man standing beside what we later found out was a Tesla. The incident scared her because she didn't hear the car because it was silent. There days, she doesn't tend her garden unless her husband is sitting outside to watch for what she called "a ghost car". Luckily the man who was in the car had no ill intent, but you never know.

Reminds me of the standard joke back in the day, about the new Yugo GT- the option consisted of a cassette deck and tape that played "vroom vroom" sounds.
The sad part is now it's real...
The EV/Hybrid sound effects that are pumped externally are a safety feature, so one can hear the vehicle approaching at low speeds, walking in a lot etc. But the flagship cars are quiet, so to make them sound racey it's faked inside w/o excess outside noise levels. The "N" series cars it's an augmentation, they run, but I guess marketing psychology says real noise wasn't enough. Lol....

You've not driven a late model Mustang or F150 I assume?

Yep. The article I read about the electric Challenger said it's going to have an engine sound. I also watched a video where a guy had a Tesla Plaid, and he had an app that he could choose different engine sounds from. One of the sounds was a cammed Hellcat.

Teslas already have engine sounds, and a coworker told me it's for parking lots. Apparently too many pedestrians were being hit because they couldn't hear the car approaching. I say keep those damn cars silent and let nature do her job if people are going to be that stupid....

You clearly don't know any blind people.

Maybe they will have a programmable "NHRA Vintage Pro Stock" drag race car sound... taken from Dick Landy or Ronnie Sox or Grumpy's car...:)

Don't sell your I.C.E vehicles yet, guys. There are a lot of factors at play here, but petrol will likely be around long after we're all dead.

We're seeing peak FUDD in the marketplace just like in the 70s. These trends cycle every few decades. The last 1.5 decades were the golden years of ICE horsepower. Now the market has moved on to something else. But that doesn't mean our cars are going away.

Now our kids or grandkids...well. That might be a different story. They all may have to deal with the Vroom Vroom sounds. And that is kind of sad

Yeah people are like 'when you get your car done, there wont be any gas to drive it..." (My Dart is in the final stages of bodywork before C7 Purple paint etc.) I said "Ill just sit in the garage and look at it and wax it ..."etc. :) people always try and burst your good time bubble...

Yeah people are like 'when you get your car done, there wont be any gas to drive it..." (My Dart is in the final stages of bodywork before C& Purple paint etc.) I said "Ill just sit in the garage and look at it and wax it etc. :) people always try and burst your good time bubble...

History repeats itself. That is the exact same crap they said back in the mid 70s. My Father sold #56 of 99 Don Yenko Chevelle in 74 because everyone told him there would be no gas within the next few years.

He bought that car when he got back from Vietnam. It was his prized possession. He sold it at a loss and bought an economy shitbox because of FUDD. I'll be damned if I make the same mistake he did. No way

It's not speakers playing engine sounds. They have a pulse generator under the car that pumps air through an exhaust pipe that changes it's pulse pattern based on TPS and speed.

Speaking of the "silent" electric cars, my wife's aunt was tending to her small vegetable garden back in the early part of spring. She was working away when she heard a car door close, she turned around & the was a man standing beside what we later found out was a Tesla. The incident scared her because she didn't hear the car because it was silent. There days, she doesn't tend her garden unless her husband is sitting outside to watch for what she called "a ghost car". Luckily the man who was in the car had no ill intent, but you never know.

similar story

i was out on a camp site in europe a little while back
now, the way these camp sites work is, there are several fields for tents and campers, with a road running between them
every couple of fields there is a shower building or a play area
as you can imagine, that one road is riddled with campers, kids people on foot and on bicycle
when you hear a car behind you, you slide over to the shoulder

i was walking and heard a bit of a buzzing noise
i looked back and there was some type of ev right behind me
in a situation like that, a silent car is a recipe for disaster

Bad enough that the manufacturers are caving to the EV nonsense, now Stellantis is going to make fake audio "engine" sounds as well as some models with "electricity shocking" sounds, whatever in the heck THAT means.................

But other than the idiocy of this, I wonder how much "non green" wasted power this system will use?
Electric vehicle's are nothing new, they were out years ago and they were a flop. I think that they are a joke. Limited travel ability, especially if you're hauling or towing anything, there has been reports of them working once the temperature drops down past 40*. Battery replacement average cost is 10k.

It's not speakers playing engine sounds. They have a pulse generator under the car that pumps air through an exhaust pipe that changes it's pulse pattern based on TPS and speed.
yeah but they have to have vibrator in the drivers seat to simulate the "feel" of the engine and also little servos to "rock" the car to the right to simulate the"torque" when revving it at a stop light...shhesh no wonder EVS are so expensive...:)

yeah but they have to have vibrator in the drivers seat to simulate the "feel" of the engine and also little servos to "rock" the car to the right to simulate the"torque" when revving it at a stop light...shhesh no wonder EVS are so expensive...:)
A new jeep grand Cherokee is 98k, now that's expensive and ridiculous. The American dream use to be a home, now it's a vehicle

And for those that like electric cars making combustion engine sounds, here is the perfect accessory for their bicycle... THE TURBOSPOKE!
Hey, Stellantis could just add a couple of these to the car and save some money!

upload_2022-8-18_12-59-9.png

My cars aren’t racers, so if they outlaw/eliminate gas, I’ll switch mine to propane.

My friend Jeff in an Audio Engineer for them. He jokes and says nobody there calls it stellantis. He had a part in designing the sound of the supercharger on the hellcat. Ill ask his take on it. Ever since electric cars came out they have been talking about making them more audible to not cause accidents

Is that why the ladies and soy boys like 'em?

All these people think they're going to save the planet and save money, in the long run. Wait till they get their tax bill. Not the one from the IRS but the two individual ones from the state and federal government, paying for roads. Right now "road tax" is in the price of gas. As soon as everyone goes electric there isn't any road tax revenue, hence you'll be paying to state and federal for upkeep of the roads, and they'll be able to set it at whatever they deem appropriate. My one nephew is nuts, he bought a used Tesla, wanted to be one local to have an EV. He already received a tax bill. Wouldn't say who from or exactly how much but apparently wasn't light. I guess when you buy EV it automatically registers as such to let the government know you bought one.

NEWS! Breaking NEWS! EV will be the #1 target of criminals....silent ya know!!!!!
If the crook needs more ability to drive further from the law, then stay with IC!

-
Back