Idler arm 1970 Plymouth Duster

-

markduster

Reaction score
Having trouble with trying to find the correct idler arm for my 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. I am in the process of rebuilding the front and I purchased the necessary components from PST Suspension. The issue I currently have is with all the steering linkage back in the car I have a clearance problem between the drag link and the torsion bar. The idler arm the I first used was a Moog 7042 which had the clearance issues so I purchased a steering linkage kit from PST suspension and unfortunately the idler arm was the same as the Moog 7042 which simply caused the same clearance problem. Has anyone experienced the same problem or has anyone got a resolution to my problem. The unfortunately I live in Australia which makes it harder to get any information

Regards

Mark Williams

Make sure you got the right drag link and right parts. with 50 year old vehicles which have had who knows how many conversions/updates/upgrades etc make sure you know what parts you have. I had issues with my idler arm as my 1970 duster had the 1973 updated center link so the 1970 idler arm wouldn't work.

Here check this link. There's some good useful tech articles and pictures to help you with your steering so you know what you have and what year parts you need to buy. Steering Linkage

-
Back