If you think you had a bad Monday

-
Yes sir I agree, not one building on my yard doesn’t have a steel roof even the outhouse has a steel roof. 20 years ago steel was twice the price of shingles but for my life time not replacing every 15 years.

On top of that , you can do it yourself , its pretty easy ...

On top of that , you can do it yourself , its pretty easy ...
Ya my cousin who is an engineer and hardly knows which end of a hammer to hold, my at the time 13 year old boy and myself did a 32’ X 48’ 4/12 pitch roof complete with plumbing vents, steel facia and ridge cap. Started 8 am having a beer at 4:30 pm. Nice and straight looks good. The first sheet is the killer have to make ABSOLUTELY sure it is square with roof. other than that super easy

Agreed but 3 things made my decision for me weight, life span and ease of installation no brainer for me
When I built my garage it was a no-brainer, metal roof all the way. Price difference was only a couple hundred dollars between steel and asphalt shingles. Buddy and I started around 2 pm, but it was early November so we had to get a light tower from his work and finished it around 11:30 pm, after taking a break for dinner. The next day we got 3 inches of snow.

-
Back