If you think you had a bad Monday

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Yes sir I agree, not one building on my yard doesn’t have a steel roof even the outhouse has a steel roof. 20 years ago steel was twice the price of shingles but for my life time not replacing every 15 years.

On top of that , you can do it yourself , its pretty easy ...

Ahoey

Reaction score
On top of that , you can do it yourself , its pretty easy ...
Ya my cousin who is an engineer and hardly knows which end of a hammer to hold, my at the time 13 year old boy and myself did a 32’ X 48’ 4/12 pitch roof complete with plumbing vents, steel facia and ridge cap. Started 8 am having a beer at 4:30 pm. Nice and straight looks good. The first sheet is the killer have to make ABSOLUTELY sure it is square with roof. other than that super easy

missing linc

Loose nut behind the wheel
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed but 3 things made my decision for me weight, life span and ease of installation no brainer for me
When I built my garage it was a no-brainer, metal roof all the way. Price difference was only a couple hundred dollars between steel and asphalt shingles. Buddy and I started around 2 pm, but it was early November so we had to get a light tower from his work and finished it around 11:30 pm, after taking a break for dinner. The next day we got 3 inches of snow.