Ignition adjustability options

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am running an MSD digital 6 ignition, MSD billet distributor, and H.O spark MSD coil, on my 410 small block.

I am looking for an option to retard and or advance the timing via a switch mode or an adjacent box to my existing MSD ignition, without having to mechanically advance of retard my distributor timing.

The reason is that I am running 10.30 with 36 degrees of timing. But would like to run different classes on the same night like 10.90.
Would like to slow or make the cast faster by adjusting my timing between the classes, without touching my distributor.

What options do I have to do this via any additional MSD box or application by MSD?

I'm not a fan of pulling timing to slow a car down.

You will build so much heat in the exhaust you can stick valves with over .0035 clearance and it just makes so much heat.

I don't think it's a good idea.

I'm not a fan of pulling timing to slow a car down.

You will build so much heat in the exhaust you can stick valves with over .0035 clearance and it just makes so much heat.

I don't think it's a good idea.
Any other suggestions?

A throttle stop of some sort?

Honestly, I never tuned cars that wanted to go slower. Even my super class customers. I would help them go as quick as they could and after that, they did the slowing down thing.

-
Back