Ignition and key for 65 Dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just ordered a new one, $18. I had a lock smith here and he spent 2 hours and could not figure it out. He said new ones would be really expensive. He was going to charge me $240 to make a key, lucky for me he was incompetent and left without trying to charge me.

$240 to make a key!?? Put that locksmith on your ignore list! Once you pull the ignition switch out of the dash, you can get the code off the cylinder and have a key made from a code book that any good locksmith should have. Even without it, you can take the lock cylinder out of the switch and make a key according to the pins or just repin the thing. $20.00 max....

$240 to make a key!?? Put that locksmith on your ignore list! Once you pull the ignition switch out of the dash, you can get the code off the cylinder and have a key made from a code book that any good locksmith should have. Even without it, you can take the lock cylinder out of the switch and make a key according to the pins or just repin the thing. $20.00 max....

I probably should have done this, then I would have a key for my doors too. I never have to lock the car anyway, so no big deal. I was just wary of another lock smith. I have never found one that could do his job. Maybe they do exist and are busy riding unicorns. Any way I put in the new switch with key and drove it in to work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back