Ignition enginneering

-
No link, no nuthin and we're just supposed to just "know" who John is? Beautiful.

I almost said "similar." Is he supposed to be a member here?

I guess "him?" Never heard of it

About Ignition Engineering

About Ignition Engineering.
I'm John Cause, the owner of Ignition Engineering - when you call or email the shop, you get me.

I've been rebuilding distributors for nearly 20 years, starting with Orange County Speed in 1991. Since then, I personally have rebuilt and curved thousands of distributors for engine builders, racers, auto repair shops and more. Located here in Anaheim, California, I rebuild one distributor at a time and deliver a quality product. I stand behind my work, and warranty it. Call me at (714) 334-9XXX

"when you call or email the shop, you get me."
....apparently not.

LOL..................But in these days, maybe he's "like me" semi/ fully retired, getting/ gotten old, health problems.....and covid....................

Do not send your distributor to Ignition Engineering (John Cause). There are three online forums and multiple reviews by frustrated customers who sent distributors to John….customers who either never got their distributors back (like me) or only received them after a year of waiting. I wish I wouldn’t have sent mine. It was a $400 value (no reproduction available) and John just took it. He won’t respond to my calls or emails. And he won’t send the distributor back, even though I told him to forget about rebuilding it and just return it.

Do not use John Cause of Ignition Engineering, 1244 E. Balsam Avenue, Anaheim, California, Ignition Engineering | Distributor Recurving and Rebuilding. I sent my 273 dual point distributor to him on 9/15/2021 prior to the beginning of this thread. For the first 4 months or so he would respond via text message that it would be done "next week". Next week came and went several times and now he will not respond to any phone calls or texts. Even texts asking him to return the unit without being rebuilt, at my cost for postage, even going so far as to offer him an "evaluation fee" have gone unanswered. He basically stole my distributor. Avoid this guy like the plague. I Googled his address and it is a house in a residential area. If anyone on this list knows this guy, or has had successful dealings with him please post. I'm planning a trip down that way and I just might pay him a visit.

Investigate postal fraud He sure has a nice fancy fence!!

I still have not got my distributor back. I have texted him letting him know I am filing a mail fraud claim against him if I don't get my distributor back within one week. I have the tracking number and can prove he received it. I will post the outcome, good or bad. Should anyone decide to file a mail fraud complaint, here is the link: United States Postal Inspection Service

Last edited:
After hearing nothing from Mr. Cause for months until he received my mail fraud text, the next day he called me and told me he was working on it, but I said just mail it back to me as is. I received my distributor back today in pieces, but it is painted and has new bearings installed. I am grateful for that, and offered to pay him for the work done, but he declined. It appears his life is challenged and he takes on work without any mental commitment or plan as to a completion date, and communications from/with customers are not important unless he is pressured. That's too bad because the work he did do looks good. For those that have not received their distributor back, he probably still has it, but unless you put serious pressure on him to return it, it's impossible to say when you will get it back. He had mine one year and three months, and would probably still have it if I didn't threaten him with mail fraud. It is a sad situation, as he seems to be a decent, knowledgeable guy but reliability challenged.

Last edited:
I was goning to say,I hear, you can hire a Mex. hit man for $500, but with the extreme influx I hear the rate has dropped to $300. Sounds like it won't be necessary.:BangHead:
:poke:

-
Back