ignition

-
I will thank Mattax again for these diagrams and his help. I do have the FSM but this diagram helps me tremendously. Like 4speedragtop said, I am also in need to visuals!
NOW IF Mother Mopar had made this 62 Lancer easier to get into the dash! and etc, Even with the front seat out, this old 70 yr old fart has a hard time of it all, especially lying upside down.
But like the ol cowboy said, "IF you stop moving, YOU will never mover ever again"!!! Or as I say "If you stop dreaming, you stop living (or breathing)!!!" ha

Recruit a small helper! Preferebly young and limber. LOL. More power to you for doing it.
You don't have to measure at the headlight switch. If the hot side of the fusebox, or the backside of the bulkhead terminals are easier to access, go there.

Here's headlight example with a bad ring terminal on the ammeter wire.
Measuring at the firewall connection from the alternator output (bat) shows the same thing as measuring at the headlight switch. Actually better because because there's no flow in the line. It just acts as an extension of the probe.
Illustration has been altereds to show that, and the situation where there's no ammeter in the line (so can't check connections there).

Charging-diagram62L-WIP-off-H-on-exa2b.png

In this example, it still shows a problem between the firewall and the main junction.

-
Back