ignorant people rant

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Hey gang.. I am aggravated and just need to get this off my chest.. Perhaps the title of this thread should read 'ignorant kids rant'... Let me back up to last night...

I go to the garage I rent where I keep my Dart. Its about 15 minutes from home in the town I used to live in before I got married. I keep my car there, and my buddy keeps his Cordoba in there as well. I went down to get the vin# off the Dart for my Mopar Nationals registration (yeah I know I could've gotten that off the title, but thats still packed away and in storage from when I sold my house) plus I just going to see the car.. So I get in the door, walk around the car and then wonder out loud what is all over the front of my car.. looked like big flakes of ash or dust or something, was just about to try and brush it off, when the evening sunlight hit it and I realized it wasnt dust or dirt.. it was glass...#-o

Some ignorant (insert bad words here) shot through the garage door glass with a bb gun... I was hot as hell right that second. Luckily they missed the car.. as the trail of shards, the bulk of which are all over the hood and top of the drivers side fender, extended over the roof and even a few shards on the trunk lid... What the hell is wrong with kids (or people these days) I mean I had a bb gun as a kid... lots of us did.. and yea, I did things I wasnt supposed to, but not shooting out windows.. I had an occasional stray shot in my lifetime take out a window.. We always went and told the property owners, and we always paid for our screw ups... no note... the landlord recieved no calls.. nothing.. So now, I have to get my buddies air tank after work today and blow the glass off the car... I told the landlord I intend to board up the door glass on both doors.. I cant have kids taking shots at our cars...:angry5:

Maybe Im making too big a deal out of this.. but it really aggravates me. rant over....

Sorry to hear that, I just don't get vandalism and how people can actually enjoy destroying other peoples property.

That sucks about broken glass at your storage.Just be glad it wasn,t one of your windows or windshield,now that would really suck.:wack:

Oh not a small thing, I'd be pissed too! We had the right parking lamp on our van busted out overnight while it was in the driveway. Then whoever did it (may they burn in hell for it) cleaned up the broken plastic. There's idiots everywhere, and no one is to be trusted THAT well.

wow that's awful....I just hope your car is ok, and did'nt do any damage. Just food for thought.....but if I were you I'd use a car cover, from now on just as a little insurance. I hope you catch the little_________.

Sorry to hear this.... People really can be idiots.

At the last location I lived some punk/punks scratched some gang crap into the side rear window of my Ramcharger. I'd liked to have "scratched" my intials on his forehead with a soldering iron..

That sucks about broken glass at your storage.Just be glad it wasn,t one of your windows or windshield,now that would really suck.:wack:

That thought had occured to me once the steam stopped shooting out of my ears, and my blood pressure dropped back down to safe levels.. it could've been worse... Im just glad i realized in time it wasnt some kind of dirt and tried brushing it off (especially with the flat black hood) I would've been sick over the outcome of that! :eek:ops:

Naw, not makin a big deal. It IS a big deal. Today it's shootin somebody's property with a BB gun, tomorrow cappin a homey wif a nine, yo.

Sorry to hear that, I just don't get vandalism and how people can actually enjoy destroying other peoples property.

See it quite a lot, actually. Where we live is just a few blocks away from the 'hood. Got an elementary school at one end of the street, so these kids will walk up our street to get to school.

Seen one kid go in and kick the blooms off the neighbor's flowers in her front garden. Had some other kids rip down my Christmas lights.

The idea is that they don't have any of this at home, so why should anyone else have something nice at theirs?

This Kid did Wrong! Unfortunately there's tons of kids just like him/her ready to commit crimes like this or much worse. However, I cannot totally blame them. I gotta put some of the blame on the parents. These kids have poor role models and parents who are never around. They are raising themselves or being raised by some stranger because Mom has to work. Or they're just alone all day with no guidance. Long gone are the days where The "Village" would raise the kids. We've all heard that saying it takes a Village to raise a kid. I'm not that old but I long for the old days.

Even if it were an accident having anybody admit that they did wrong now-a-days is damn near unheard of. Seems that people are afraid to accept responsibility for there actions....

A few months ago my son and I were working on our car that is stored in my friends 40' X 60' steel building. We kept hearing this ping noise and at first thought it was just something falling of a near by tree and bouncing of the roof. When it kept happening we looked around the corner and saw 2 kids taking shots at the garage with their BB guns. This is a brand new building I helped my buddy put up last winter.
I yelled at the kids and told them not to shoot at the garage then went up to the house and told my buddy what happened. He reacted as I knew he would....didn't say a word, just headed out the door. He ended up talking to the kids father about it. The dad was so pissed he grabbed the gun from the kid and smashed it against the rear bumper of his truck. I guess the kid will think about that for a while!

Sorry to hear that, and you have every right to be pissed. Sad thing is its way too common in urban areas. Kids now-a-days can't differentiate between fact or fiction. My 16 year old brother in law wanted to be a thug so bad he could taste it, pants hanging off his backside flat billed cap sideways etc. He was bragging about how "hood" he was, and one night and was going to pull an air soft gun on another kid... Long story short, I took him to the worst "hood" in ft worth and showed him what "hood" was. He locked the door and wouldn't get out of the truck. His only comment was "ghettos are a lot different than you see in shows, or hear slim shady and chiggy sing about". I'd invest in a cheap harbor freight survalence system and set it up to record on a cheap hard drive or old computer tower. I've got one at my place and at my rent house.

Even if it were an accident having anybody admit that they did wrong now-a-days is damn near unheard of. Seems that people are afraid to accept responsibility for there actions....

This is so true.. Like I said, I took out a couple windows in my day with a bb gun (and one with a baseball... That guy was MAD as hell at me) but we always owned up to it.. we didnt run, and we certianly didnt find it funny or take any pleasure in trashing other peoples property.. quite the opposite, we knew we were most likely gonna get an *** whooping when we got home, and wouldnt be seeing any allowance money for a good while, since we would be paying to fix whatever we broke... thats part of being taught (and learning) responsibility and for having respect for things that dont belong to you... todays society is totally differant than the one I grew up in... people just dont care.. and they pass that 'i dont care' mentality on to their kids.. Saddens me.. it really does.. I used to think my dad was such a prick for how hard on me he was and how strict he was.. I call him often to thank him for that now...And I did my best to pass that same thing on to my kids.. (who probably thought I was a prick too lol) ... I know they'll be better for it though...

parents have pretty much lost the RIGHT to whoop thier kids' butts when they do wrong. It's all about positive discipline now and life coaching.... EFF THAT! I had to cut my own switches when I was a kid right up till the time my dad realized my pain tolerance was up high enough that it was an irritation rather than a punishment. The 80's kids are the last of the "learn respect" generation i'm afraid to say.

parents have pretty much lost the RIGHT to whoop thier kids' butts when they do wrong. It's all about positive discipline now and life coaching.... EFF THAT! I had to cut my own switches when I was a kid right up till the time my dad realized my pain tolerance was up high enough that it was an irritation rather than a punishment. The 80's kids are the last of the "learn respect" generation i'm afraid to say.

X2, 3, 4, 5, 6......!!!!

Do wrong at school, the teacher smacked you up and sent you to the office where the principal smacked you up BUT when ya got home that's where ya really got it! ...learned awful quick right from wrong!

I was working in the garage one day and heard something ping off my Dart. Waited, watched, and saw one BB ping off the windshield. The neighbor kid had a BB gun and was firing at a target 180 degrees from him to my car. BUT his backdrop was their garden shed.

I pulled him aside and showed him my damaged windshield but I couldn't stay upset at the kid. He was trying to do right, he just didn't understand the ricochet, and besides, my windshield is far from mint, anyways.

I gave him the lesson about guns that his parents should have given him.

Situations like the OP's frustrate the hell out of me, and I'm guilty of doing the same (and worse) as a stupid kid, but I usually try to chalk it up to ignorance. I'm just glad that they didn't hit your car!

Man...sorry about that bs. I'd be more than pissed!!

I went to look at a car two or three years back. Me and the owner got to talking about how bad things were. When he lived in Florida, he had a 1970 Cobra Jet Torino parked in his driveway and while he went to store and came back, he noticed an unfamiliar car in his driveway running. A woman sat in the drivers seat while he noticed that the hood on his Torino was pulled up!!

He appraoched the woman and asked "what is going on here??...she said " No big deal, that's my son and he's taking that intake off. He will be done in a minute". Naturally, the owner was pissed. It got kind of rough from there.

Can you imagine that really?????????!!!!!!!!!

Glad your car is OK Bill.

With that said, does this mean we are all getting old? I used to hear adults say the same things about kids 40 years ago.

X2, 3, 4, 5, 6......!!!!

Do wrong at school, the teacher smacked you up and sent you to the office where the principal smacked you up BUT when ya got home that's where ya really got it! ...learned awful quick right from wrong!

Parents don't discipline kids anymore. They just don't have the nerve. When I did wrong, I got my a** busted and then some. I knew then that I probably deserved it.

Parents don't discipline kids anymore. They just don't have the nerve. When I did wrong, I got my a** busted and then some. I knew then that I probably deserved it.

Im not even sure its a matter of 'having the nerve' anymore.. I just dont think most parents care.. and even the ones that do have their hands tied, because society has spent the past 20 years or more telling us discipline is bad... all kids really need are 'time outs'... yea, ok.. whatever.. like I said, and others have said, when we were kids, if we did wrong we got our asses beat.. plain and simple...

..small kids are not careless..they're clueless and carefree and you can't be too hard on them.
we use to shoot each other in the butt with our BB guns.
older teens should be brought to task,but good luck with that nowadays!

Parents don't discipline kids anymore. They just don't have the nerve.

Is that the issue or is it that most parents just don't give a s*** anymore. There's a four year old pedaling his bike up and down the street right now, not a parent in sight.

Hey, the kid's out of the parents' hair. And the parents won't give a crap until something bad happens, like he pedals his bike out in front a car. Then they'll give a s***. They'll give a s*** enough to sue the driver of the car all the while they aren't giving him the parental guidance he needs to be safe on his bike. They aren't standing to make sure he's safe. Hey, you know how responsible four year olds are. Give him a bike, cut him loose, he'll be fine on his own.

They give a crap enough to listen if the neighbors are telling him right from wrong. One of the older gentlemen told the kid to be careful and got an earful from the parents as to how dare he talk to their kid that way. Yet they think it's up to the rest of the neighborhood to be unpaid babysitters.

Nah, it may sound cynical, but I've seen too many parents try to be friends rather than be parents.

Nah, it may sound cynical, but I've seen too many parents try to be friends rather than be parents.

Outside of my belief that parents for the most part dont seem to care anymore, this would be my other beef.. It does seem like too many parents try to be their kids best buddy... I didnt actually become friends with my dad, til I was a dad myself.. paying my own bills, raising my kids... Im not trying to say my dad was an evil monster, but he had a job to do, a tough job and he took it seriously... it wasnt his job to be my buddy, it was his job to teach me right from wrong, teach me respect and responsibility, to teach me what life is really like and what I would need to do to be able to make it in life... again, I thought he was a prick when I was kid, I know now he did what he was supposed to do... and I never really realized how hard a job that was or how important it was until I raised my own kids.. Parents today, would just as soon, let video games, tv, schools, or hell, even other kids do the job for them...

-
Back