Illinois

-
I'm still here. And still from Park Forest. My Mom when she moved back up from Florida lived in Monee just outside of the downtown. When I was visiting sometimes I'd see a Maroon and black 62 Imperial LeBaron driving around. One time I saw him at the Post Office and had just enough time to say Love the Car before he took off.

Ya I miss being up that way but I'd sure never live there again. Great place to grow up in the 70s and 80s. Sears and the auto center are long gone, and they've turned the Plaza into a little town center. Very weird. Roads go right through it now.

I should clarify, West Lincolnwood is the name of the neighborhood in Park Forest where I grew up. Never lived in the city.

I've been in the deep south over 20 years but I still have fond memories of our crooked little state. I haven't been back for several years, maybe this summer I'll go for a visit. I don't think I know anyone there anymore, but I have some extended family in the Quad Cities, I'll for sure go there for a Maid Rite and some Whitey's ice cream.

I wasn't thinking of the Lincolnwood in PF, forgot about that. I see you're in GA now? I'm in GA for a few days near Savannah. Came down to pickup some rust free sheet metal for my 85 D150, a couple of full bedsides. Bought via eBay.
But am leaving with aLOT more than I bargained for. The guy loaded my trailer to the hilt, with parts I wasn't expecting.all rust free door's, fenders, and more.
Problem now is, he also has a rust free bed for my 99 Dakota as well that he offered me, my trailer isn't big enough. Thinking maybe I can unload everything, put the Dakota bed down and reload everything on top and inside of that....

Wow that's quite a haul. I'm guessing you have an open trailer? Maybe you could stand the Dakota bed up on its end and put it on the end of the trailer?

I work at Atlanta airport and live just south of there. Not a fan of the place but that's where the money is.

Safe drive home with all that stuff.

hellinois is rediculous. they doing every thing they can to **** the taxpayer out of money. illegally or by fiat. glad i left so long ago. corruption is everywhere and in everything. including leos etc..

Im in Southern Illinois. I wish we could get this state split into 2 states. Chicago is nothing like the rest of the state and it needs to be removed

Im in Southern Illinois. I wish we could get this state split into 2 states. Chicago is nothing like the rest of the state and it needs to be removed
Better yet, let's push Chicago into Lake Michigan as a warning to all the other cities to get their act together.

I'm still here...just west of Peoria. I have a standing job offer in Florida but, can't convince the wife to leave this crooked state. For us close to Peoria we should have a meet up with our cars.

I lived in southern Cook County. For years we tried to get Cook County split so we didn't have to pay Chicago taxes and endure all their BS. Never worked. Cook County is gigantic anyway it should be cut in two.

In fact I only lived a couple miles from Will County. Too bad they couldn't extend the border over a little bit. Would have solved my problem.

crook county.JPG

there is a cruise in at the levee district every month. tons of cruise ins and meet ups weekly in peoria/pekin area. look up central illinois cruisers and peoria cars and coffee for dates an times.

I'm still here...just west of Peoria. I have a standing job offer in Florida but, can't convince the wife to leave this crooked state. For us close to Peoria we should have a meet up with our cars.

Screenshot_20210307-013607.png

Western burbs of Chiraq. Cant wait to get out of this shithole state.

Where are you going?

<<< patting seat next to me here in no state income tax / gun-lovin' Tennessee >>> :rolleyes:

Photo from yesterday's Powder **** spread coincidentally featuring my Second Amendment Exercise Hay Bale right there .......................... (insert down arrow)

IMG_1195.JPG

Bring your meat this way Mario! We'd love to have you. :welcome:

Where are you going?

<<< patting seat next to me here in no state income tax / gun-lovin' Tennessee >>> :rolleyes:

Photo from yesterday's Powder **** spread coincidentally featuring my Second Amendment Exercise Hay Bale right there .......................... (insert down arrow)

View attachment 1715743018

Bring your meat this way Mario! We'd love to have you. :welcome:

Thank you Darlin'! xoxoxo

Tennessee is in my top 3 along with Texas and Flo-rida. Sadly, I have around 15 years till I retire (hopefully :rolleyes:) from the Meat Biz.

there is a cruise in at the levee district every month. tons of cruise ins and meet ups weekly in peoria/pekin area. look up central illinois cruisers and peoria cars and coffee for dates an times.

View attachment 1715743017
I'm always at the Levee district for Cars and Coffe and, Friday night lights. Look for my 71 Challenger...I'm there. Going to Bass Pro Saturday for a cruise in.

I'm always at the Levee district for Cars and Coffe and, Friday night lights. Look for my 71 Challenger...I'm there. Going to Bass Pro Saturday for a cruise in.
what it happenening thiz coming weekend? considering bringing my dart for sunday tnt at havana. was some big ol sat cruise or show but cant find it again.

Wow that's quite a haul. I'm guessing you have an open trailer? Maybe you could stand the Dakota bed up on its end and put it on the end of the trailer?

I work at Atlanta airport and live just south of there. Not a fan of the place but that's where the money is.

Safe drive home with all that stuff.
I'm home, Dakota bed still in GA, may go back after it later this summer when I get my D150 parts unloaded and stashed/

what it happenening thiz coming weekend? considering bringing my dart for sunday tnt at havana. was some big ol sat cruise or show but cant find it again.
I just saw this post....let me know next time your coming up this way....

I just saw this post....let me know next time your coming up this way....
planning to in a few weeks middle of july. havana having some sorta radial prep thing. so kinda wanna try the place out. if i get my crap workong properly that is.
hows the leo's on expired plates in hellinois now? busting them up or nah?

planning to in a few weeks middle of july. havana having some sorta radial prep thing. so kinda wanna try the place out. if i get my crap workong properly that is.
hows the leo's on expired plates in hellinois now? busting them up or nah?
They are letting expired plates kind of slide for now.

not in DuPage county...and be sure your emission test is taken AND bring that paperwork with you to get your plate sticker.

Still here in Tinley Park. Waiting for some local shows to bring out the WSS ModTop.

They started up the Tuesday night Tinley Park cruise on Oak Park Avenue again...

I had to detour around it to get gyros from Mickey's today....

-
Back