[FOR SALE] I'm back with my dual 3.5" speaker brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chuk, got one from Jerry and it was perfect for the car. Got some speakers on the bracket, installed it and hooked up everything. MUCH better sound than I thought. Check out the pictures of mine. If you need some decent speakers there is a place close by that sell them CHEAP!!!
Chas.

The foam helped with keeping the screws from rubbing the dash and filling the gap between the speakers and the bracket. I also used 'reducers' on the front speakers to avoid that 'popping' that would hav been there from the bass pounding the tweeters and it worked good!! A BIG THANKS TO YOU JERRY!!!
Chas.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 802
  • 002.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 815
  • 003.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 838
  • 005.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 786
Cool! I'll be tearing the car apart soon & will have the dash out so install won't be an issue. I will be using a higher end speaker since I have a crossover for my system when I hook the amps up :)

Did you use 4" speakers for yours?

All of you are doing a great job with the photos and installation tips. Keep up the good work.
I am constantly having folks ask me when they buy a bracket to recommend speakers for them. I'm at a disadvantage because I have only used one set of Volfenhag 3.5" two-ways in my son's Dart Sport. There are many of you out there who have tons more knowledge and experience than I with audio components. I have to rely on you to chime in when possible to help others with the technical stuff. Thanks for the input.

This has turned out to be a very informative thread. :supz:

I know this is a site for A-bodies, but some of you have more than one MOPAR in your stable. Just wanted you to know that I recently finished development of a new design for dual in-dash speakers for early B-bodies. This one was patterned off a 63 Fury, and as you can see from the attached photo from the owner, it fits like a glove.

If you would like one for yourself, or if you know someone else who might, go here to my ORDER FORM. As with all my dual-speaker brackets, the price is always $26 shipped anywhere in the US lower 48, $27 to Canada, and $29 to Australia.

Thanks again FABO for the ad space,
Jerry

Attachments

• 62-63 B-body Bracket (sm).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 743
  • 63 Fury Speakers Closeup (sm).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 689
Well, I learned something new today. The speaker arrangement in the dash of a '70 Dodge truck looks just the same as the '67-up A-bodies. Someone asked if one of my speaker brackets would fit his truck and he sent me a picture from underneath his dash. I thought I was looking at a picture of Aaron's Dart Sport.

Now comes the rub. The owner is missing the original speaker mounting screws and stamped clips that fit into the slotted holes in the dash next to the defrost vents. Anyone have a set they don't need? Anyone ever have to find a workaround to mount your speaker (or my bracket) because you were missing the screws/clips?

Any help is appreciated...

Finally put some speakers in the bracket I bought for my Duster. They're 4" pioneers. I used some little nylon spacers to keep the speakers from sticking out over the top of the bracket, and some 1/4" x 3/8" foam tape to keep anything from rattling once its installed.

Attachments

• IMG_4816.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_4817.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 641
Very nice! I'm glad you included the bottom view showing the spacers. I've been trying to explain that very thing to many of the folks buying my brackets. Some of them have resorted to enlarging the openings so they can slip the speakers in from the top of the bracket. My intent has always been for the speakers to mount from the bottom as you did.

Some speaker brands are designed with the center tweeter cones or the flexible rubber surrounds raised quite a bit above the mounting surface, causing them to interfere with either the dash grille or the bracket surface. Use of small spacers like you did eliminates the conflicts quite easily.

Thanks for the update.

cool part. glad my dash is out right now. SO much easier. However i missedthe post with the price.

cool part. glad my dash is out right now. SO much easier. However i missedthe post with the price.

Sorry, it is buried back in post #45 on the second page of this thread. To make it easy for you I have THIS ORDER FORM where you can provide me with all the necessary vehicle, shipping, and payment preference information. I'll get back to you as soon as I can, once I receive it. And yes, while it is possible to make this speaker swap with the dash and components in place, it is MUCH easier to do with everything stripped out.

I'm pleased with mine...I think I just went with some 3.5" Pioneers. I also took some of the windshield gasket rubber material and ran a bead of that around the edge so it wouldn't rattle-good stuff

I know this is a site for A-bodies, but some of you have more than one MOPAR in your stable. Just wanted you to know that I recently finished development of a new design for dual in-dash speakers for early B-bodies. This one was patterned off a 63 Fury, and as you can see from the attached photo from the owner, it fits like a glove.

If you would like one for yourself, or if you know someone else who might, go here to my ORDER FORM. As with all my dual-speaker brackets, the price is always $26 shipped anywhere in the US lower 48, $27 to Canada, and $29 to Australia.

Thanks again FABO for the ad space,
Jerry
Filled out the order form, PM your PayPal name and I will send you the $26. Thanks

If you are wanting to make a significant improvement in the quality of your sound system, these dual-speaker conversion brackets are good for a quick summer afternoon project. Add a pair of your favorite 3.5" or 4" three-way speakers, then sit back and enjoy the tunes.

Yep, I usually keep several on hand. Look a few posts up this page and you'll find a link to my online order form. Thanks for your interest.

I went crazy looking for this post this morning and here it is on top again!!!!

I just ordered up speakers for my Demon so I can finally put the bracket to good use.
Ron

Hey Jerry,
I got my speaker bracket today, thanks again. When I get it installed I will post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back