I'm Heartbroken. Time to face reality that my Cuda is a parts car.

-
Fabo member Lee Robinson parts out the sheetmetal on these old A bodies. He drills the spot welds and surgically dissassembles them. He is in So Cal. Land of rust free cars. He may not have a barracuda, but he may have darts. These are parts that are the same from ALL other A body cars that will fit your 69 barracuda. It's by no means a complete list, but covers major parts this includes more door donor cars. Dart, demon, duster, scamp, valiant, dart sport, barracuda.

BTW all A body transition pans 67-76 are the same. Ditto for inner wheel houses.

Main floor pan, rockers, and outer wheel houses on 67-69 barracuda are the same as 70-76 duster, demon, dart sport

67-69 trunk pan is the same, gas tank filler pipe hole changed in 70 to 76. The AMD trunk pan is stamped with the 70-76 hole. Will fit, just need 70-76 floor grommet

Front and rear frame rails are all the same from 67-73. After 73 the ends are different for 5mph bumper shock mounting

Trans torsion bar crossmember fits 67-72. 73-76 fits but uses a different trans mount. Earlier mount may also fit later crossmember.

Front nner fender wells are the same 67-72. I believe they changed em in 73 to accommodate a charcoal canister on the right side.

Rear framerail tie bar 67-76

67-76 A pillars ALL 2 door hardtop

Rear shock upper crossmember. 67 one year, 68-76 all the same (all interchange)

Spare tire mount bracket 68-76

Radiator upper , lower, side supports. Later models came with a 26" radiator 67-72 were made for a maximum width 22" radiator

Cowl plenum w stand pipes, and FWD door hinge support panels are all the same 67-76.

Upper cowl panel is the same 67-76 for everything except demon, duster, dart sport.

Firewall fits from 67-72 non A/C and a different one for A/C cars.

Barracuda specific sheetmetal that you can buy new.

Trunk extensions
Quarter skins (year specific)
Rear valance
Front lower valance.
Dutchman
Inner fender splash shields
Wow! Thanks, this will definitely come in handy!

Yeah.. I'l wait another 10 years until I can big tire it. In the meantime, I'll limp along my rustbucket 2001 Caravan that needs a back wheel bearing, and leaking power steering. The days my wife needs the van, I'll hop in my'98 Cherokee with broken back springs to get me the 3 miles to work.
You guys all have a-bodies you can drive.. still a dream to me.
I feel your pain. I have 2 A-bodies. Neither is driveable. M barracuda is relatively solid, but its a long ways away from being driveable. And many hurdles to get past. And desisions to make.
My Dart, a car i owned almost 30 years ago, returned into my posesssion, and time hasnt been kind to it.
Just turned 56, have driven beaters pretty much my whole life. Thousands or tens of thousands invested in tools all to fix cars for everybody else.
I growing tired,making a living fixing junk.
Have started picking and choosing my jobs, trying to make time to complete at least one project (before i pass away)
Im not dwelling on it,
Junk destined for the shredder, not on my watch.

make a decision,and move forward. Thats what i need to do.
Then i got a 51 Fargo that i really became passionate about.
2 good weeks and i could be close to driving it. That one will not see bodywork or paint.
But i need to get it off my plate.

best if luck with whatever you decide.
P.s. I could have bought a 65 barracuda for 10 grand,ready to drive.but i didnt build it. Im into mine for 6 grand in parts and stuff. No labour. I want to build my own driveable cars.

I feel your pain. I have 2 A-bodies. Neither is driveable. M barracuda is relatively solid, but its a long ways away from being driveable. And many hurdles to get past. And desisions to make.
My Dart, a car i owned almost 30 years ago, returned into my posesssion, and time hasnt been kind to it.
Just turned 56, have driven beaters pretty much my whole life. Thousands or tens of thousands invested in tools all to fix cars for everybody else.
I growing tired,making a living fixing junk.
Have started picking and choosing my jobs, trying to make time to complete at least one project (before i pass away)
Im not dwelling on it,
Junk destined for the shredder, not on my watch.

make a decision,and move forward. Thats what i need to do.
Then i got a 51 Fargo that i really became passionate about.
2 good weeks and i could be close to driving it. That one will not see bodywork or paint.
But i need to get it off my plate.

best if luck with whatever you decide.
P.s. I could have bought a 65 barracuda for 10 grand,ready to drive.but i didnt build it. Im into mine for 6 grand in parts and stuff. No labour. I want to build my own driveable cars.
That's pretty much how I feel about my wagon. I bit the bullet and bought the parts needed and now I need to get down to business with it and turn it from a drivable rust bucket into a nice car.It's hard but at 71 years old I think I can still pull it off.

Plugging away on my sons car until the summer heat hit. Now it's all at a dead stop for now. I spent some time outside yesterday edging mowing down my mosquito farm of a back yard, and making a long time needed welded together yard tool rack for the wall of the shop. After that I was spent from 104° heat. Today I need to change the oil in wife's van, and edge and mow the front yard. I did have plans to do some shop cleanup and it may or may not happen today. Hopefully it will cool off a little bit and I can get further along on it.

I'm just getting ready to pay a guy about 3G to replace/ major repair a roof on a Scamp I bought. When done it will be "driver quality" paint and the "great buy" will have been translated into an "everyday price" and I could have saved all the time and trouble and just paid more and bought one "in decent condition."

The Dart for me is sentimental. I have it back. For now thats all that matters. The Barracuda back window , the shape of the car, its one of my childhood favorites.

he Dart for me is sentimental. I have it back

I sometimes feel that if I were able to get back the 70 Dart that I put so much time and effort into I would be really happy. Reality is, I sold it 10 years ago, no idea what has happened to it in that time, and if it were totally destroyed or changed into something unrecognizable it would be very difficult to accept. I'm fairly certain that the buyer had intentions of changing it to what he wanted, and that's fine, that's what this hobby is about, doing it your way.
I'm 57 now, broke both of my wrists in a workplace accident in December 2013, and the pain I experience as a result of that can be unbearable at times. I spent a good 7 or 8 hours in the garage yesterday working on the 75, and had a fairly sleepless night due to the pain in my hands and wrists. I got a good amount done, but it ain't near as enjoyable as it was the last time around, I doubt that I will take on a project this big again. The progress is far too slow for my liking, the quality of work is as good as ever, but my patience is getting tested.

Thread revival. Been thinking of threads that I was wondering what happened. Any update?

Yep, that may just be your first project to get your feet wet. Concentrate on making that solid, and dont look at the rest. Fight the war one battle at a time. Once it's in primer, then head for the next battle.
That's awesome advice, right there. I don't even consider them battles anymore. Adventures. Opportunities to learn something new.

My wagon has been down since the reverse lever broke on the shifter back in Jan 2021.Every time I tried to work on it was a fight but I prevailed. I'd go under the damn car and get vertigo ! Got past that crap finally and I changed out the 4 speed and used a spare I had thinking that perhaps the shifter lever broke because of some problem in the trans.While it was out I put in a new clutch.I finally got the shifter straightened out. Now I'm trying to make it run so I can get an inspection sticker on it and use it some as I begin the rust repair.When I first responded to this thread I was 71 now I'm 73. I refuse to give up on it !

-
Back