I'm Heartbroken. Time to face reality that my Cuda is a parts car.

Mopar General Discussions

1. RSie

RSie Idiot In Training

Local Time:
    7:29 PM
    Wow! Thanks, this will definitely come in handy!

2. 69moredoor

69moredoor Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    Update?

3. Tooljunkie

Tooljunkie King of cobble/master of the broken bolt FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I feel your pain. I have 2 A-bodies. Neither is driveable. M barracuda is relatively solid, but its a long ways away from being driveable. And many hurdles to get past. And desisions to make.
    My Dart, a car i owned almost 30 years ago, returned into my posesssion, and time hasnt been kind to it.
    Just turned 56, have driven beaters pretty much my whole life. Thousands or tens of thousands invested in tools all to fix cars for everybody else.
    I growing tired,making a living fixing junk.
    Have started picking and choosing my jobs, trying to make time to complete at least one project (before i pass away)
    Im not dwelling on it,
    Junk destined for the shredder, not on my watch.

make a decision,and move forward. Thats what i need to do.
    Then i got a 51 Fargo that i really became passionate about.
    2 good weeks and i could be close to driving it. That one will not see bodywork or paint.
    But i need to get it off my plate.

best if luck with whatever you decide.
    P.s. I could have bought a 65 barracuda for 10 grand,ready to drive.but i didnt build it. Im into mine for 6 grand in parts and stuff. No labour. I want to build my own driveable cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • valiantwagonguy

valiantwagonguy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      That's pretty much how I feel about my wagon. I bit the bullet and bought the parts needed and now I need to get down to business with it and turn it from a drivable rust bucket into a nice car.It's hard but at 71 years old I think I can still pull it off.

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Plugging away on my sons car until the summer heat hit. Now it's all at a dead stop for now. I spent some time outside yesterday edging mowing down my mosquito farm of a back yard, and making a long time needed welded together yard tool rack for the wall of the shop. After that I was spent from 104° heat. Today I need to change the oil in wife's van, and edge and mow the front yard. I did have plans to do some shop cleanup and it may or may not happen today. Hopefully it will cool off a little bit and I can get further along on it.

• 383Scampman

383Scampman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        You can save the car by putting a tube chassis under it

• Agree Agree x 1
        • 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          5:29 PM
          I'm just getting ready to pay a guy about 3G to replace/ major repair a roof on a Scamp I bought. When done it will be "driver quality" paint and the "great buy" will have been translated into an "everyday price" and I could have saved all the time and trouble and just paid more and bought one "in decent condition."

• Tooljunkie

Tooljunkie King of cobble/master of the broken bolt FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          The Dart for me is sentimental. I have it back. For now thats all that matters. The Barracuda back window , the shape of the car, its one of my childhood favorites.

• missing linc

missing linc Loose nut behind the wheel

Local Time:
          6:29 PM
          I sometimes feel that if I were able to get back the 70 Dart that I put so much time and effort into I would be really happy. Reality is, I sold it 10 years ago, no idea what has happened to it in that time, and if it were totally destroyed or changed into something unrecognizable it would be very difficult to accept. I'm fairly certain that the buyer had intentions of changing it to what he wanted, and that's fine, that's what this hobby is about, doing it your way.
          I'm 57 now, broke both of my wrists in a workplace accident in December 2013, and the pain I experience as a result of that can be unbearable at times. I spent a good 7 or 8 hours in the garage yesterday working on the 75, and had a fairly sleepless night due to the pain in my hands and wrists. I got a good amount done, but it ain't near as enjoyable as it was the last time around, I doubt that I will take on a project this big again. The progress is far too slow for my liking, the quality of work is as good as ever, but my patience is getting tested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.