I'm New!

-

imnew

Reaction score
This is my first dive into classic cars.

I recently was gifted a 1961 Valiant with a 273 in it. Engine wise the car is rock solid. Everything else mechanical needs a thorough inspection. The interior is non-existent except for a few trans-am seats bolted to the floor, steering wheel and gauge cluster.

I've been tasked with making this a nice driving car and I have a mountain of information to learn.

UyBbs5a.jpg

Welcome. As you work to make it a "Nice driving car", remember that we are all here to help. Just about any question you could have about your car can be answered her. A like the early A Bodies. Good luck.

Welcome to the mopar madness.
That car looks pretty sweet !

Thanks everyone. Couldn't post any pictures because the first thing I did was put an exhaust on it (I got it with just the manifolds) to quiet it down just a tad.

First thing it will need is seatbelts and to actually mount the seats to the car. Right now the seats are just sitting on wood blocks to be able to move the car around the shop. After that, it could actually be drivable on the street. Any suggestions for seatbelt and/or seat systems for this car? Kind of weird with it not having a B pillar.

The only restriction on the car interior wise is those velvet transam seats have to stay.

These pictures are getting loaded on the trailer right after the exhaust work and finally at her new home.

68308218930__B80312E8-AEFB-40B5-BCF7-C1D115432A6E.jpg
IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2906.jpg
IMG_2910.jpg

-
Back