I'm not an A-body guy...

-

NoCar340

The Original Partstitute
Reaction score
...that's what I keep telling myself. See, I have this Challenger, and...

Well, along came a '69 Valiant Signet coupe that included some great parts. It was a typical Upper Michigan Slant Six/auto rustbucket but it looked OK. I really didn't want the car, just the parts. After attempting to sell it via Craigslist, I got tired of no-shows, mega-lowballers, and tire kickers. It probably should've been crushed, but it grew on me and circumstances led to me doing more work to it (so far) than any other car I've owned.

This past summer, a friend decided to sell his '68 Valiant 100 (170/3-speed) after 15+ years. It's a solid WY car that I'll eventually drive daily. I've already rebuilt an A833OD for it and will do a big-bolt swap/8.25" axle installation as time allows. I have SBP parts but the BBP stuff less expensive and easier to find. Unlike the Signet, the '68 will remain a Slant Sicks.

I still have the '74 Challenger (currently gone to body & paint) plus an '82 Imperial, and am trying to buy yet another A-body--one with some inherent value this time. Weird behavior for a non-A-body guy, I admit.

My username is a holdover from back when I joined FEBO (or some E-body board, I don't recall); I had a 340 and literally no car into which I could install it. I still have more 340s than I do cars, though. My avatar is the engine doin' time in the this car (the '69 Signet):

100_3144.JPG

And, for good measure here's the '68 Valiant 100:

100_4474.JPG

I have an A and an E.
If I could, I’d like to get another 71 Roadrunner too.
I kind of regret crushing my '72 Runner. It was a base 400/3-speed stripper, V2 with black interior and black reflective strobe stripe. It was really bad, though--needed every panel replaced except the roof and hood. Even the data tag was rusted out. I still have that and the build sheet; the ex used the VIN as a keychain for years.

Nice car !!
Which one? Heh...

And I like the U.P. !
The car season sucks but the earth doesn't shake, nothing's venomous, and Mother Nature prefers to quietly bury us with snow rather than try to kill us with wind and rain. I live in the central part, right on the WI border. In fact, I work in WI with board member Stretch.

Which one? Heh...

The car season sucks but the earth doesn't shake, nothing's venomous, and Mother Nature prefers to quietly bury us with snow rather than try to kill us with wind and rain. I live in the central part, right on the WI border. In fact, I work in WI with board member Stretch.
I love from up and around Escanaba all the way to Drummond Island, on up to whitefish bay, Grand Marias, and the in-betweens :)

:welcome: from :canada:

Beautiful country up there in the U.P. always enjoyed traveling through there, especially in the fall, colors are amazing.

:welcome: from :canada:

Beautiful country up there in the U.P. always enjoyed traveling through there, especially in the fall, colors are amazing.
If you're in the neighborhood, you could stop by and rake up some of that amazing for me. :D

Seriously, we're just on the back side of it, and having lived here for nearly half a century, it's still awe-inspiring every year.

I love from up and around Escanaba all the way to Drummond Island, on up to whitefish bay, Grand Marias, and the in-betweens :)
I lived and worked in Esky in '95, then again from '06-'08. Great town. The only thing I didn't care for? The wind. It never. Friggin'. Stops. It's just part of life on the Lakes, though. I rode the Drummond Island ferry on Labor Day weekend, but it was taking me to Sugar Island. The Sugar Islander was out for repairs, so they borrowed one of Drummond's!

I lived and worked in Esky in '95, then again from '06-'08. Great town. The only thing I didn't care for? The wind. It never. Friggin'. Stops. It's just part of life on the Lakes, though. I rode the Drummond Island ferry on Labor Day weekend, but it was taking me to Sugar Island. The Sugar Islander was out for repairs, so they borrowed one of Drummond's!
We've slept in our mopars on Drummond Island a couple of times in the past few years. Nice place!

Nice cars. Good to see another MI resident on here. I’m a troll, but live the UP. Probably nice and quiet now that the tourists have gone back home!

nice Valiants, love them. Since i got a WW1 68 2dr, too, what kind of interior colour is yours?

Michael
It was originally brown & gold two-tone, but there's little left of it. One door panel is just the backing board, the original bench has been replaced with a '73 unit, and the rest is pretty trashed. It may end up with a spare pair of white '73 E-body buckets I have lying around, which I'll build around. It'll probably be black & white interior when I'm done with it.

Nice cars. Good to see another MI resident on here. I’m a troll, but live the UP. Probably nice and quiet now that the tourists have gone back home!
It's OK... my sister is a troll too. I haven't disowned her.

It'll be quiet until the 15th of next month when the shooting gallery opens. We get a lot of downstaters for those couple of weeks, then it's not long before sled season. A troll for every season!

Based on evidence presented in this thread, it seems you are indeed, an A body guy.

It was originally brown & gold two-tone, but there's little left of it. One door panel is just the backing board, the original bench has been replaced with a '73 unit, and the rest is pretty trashed. It may end up with a spare pair of white '73 E-body buckets I have lying around, which I'll build around. It'll probably be black & white interior when I'm done with it.
mine is L1T (gold / brown) too! You possibly have a spare arm rest pad in this tan colour? That´s the only thing damaged in my interior....otherwise it´s mint.

There aren't any armrests on the doors, but they might be rolling around in the back seat or trunk. I really haven't investigated too much behind the front seat... like I said, it's pretty trashed. I'll have a look later in the week, possibly tomorrow if I remember.

100_4483.JPG

100_4485.JPG

-
Back