I'm not happy follow up

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
Been thinking about this. I'm guilty for being lazy. I always thank someone for a sale or buying something in a private message, but I don't go and put it in their profile rating. This is something I think we all should be doing so we can try and single out the scammers. I've met a ton of great Mopar fans on this site. Great tips, info and sales. I hate to see a few dirtbags ruin it for all. I think if we start rating more seriously we can clean up some of this. What do fellow Mopar family think?

Lazy or not it would be "pretty dam handy" to keep it all in one thread.

Been thinking about this. I'm guilty for being lazy. I always thank someone for a sale or buying something in a private message, but I don't go and put it in their profile rating. This is something I think we all should be doing so we can try and single out the scammers. I've met a ton of great Mopar fans on this site. Great tips, info and sales. I hate to see a few dirtbags ruin it for all. I think if we start rating more seriously we can clean up some of this. What do fellow Mopar family think?

That is what feedback will do if everyone would use it.

The way I deal with the members I'd rather not deal with is to put them on my ignore list. This way after 6 mo. or a year goes by and I have forgotten what exactly got them on my list, it pops up that this person is on my ignore list and I just move on and forget about the deal or whatever the issue is. In the 7 years or so I've been a member I only have 4 or 5 now on my list. Works for me.

The way I deal with the members I'd rather not deal with is to put them on my ignore list. This way after 6 mo. or a year goes by and I have forgotten what exactly got them on my list, it pops up that this person is on my ignore list and I just move on and forget about the deal or whatever the issue is. In the 7 years or so I've been a member I only have 4 or 5 now on my list. Works for me.
that's a damn good idea . I wish I thought of that sooner, those threads come and go thinking I will remember , but then I realize my memory isn't what it once was LOL

How do I delete this thread and move it? Didn't know I was going to upset some people.

I think this is a separate topic and needs it's own thread. And, I agree, it would be good if more folks used the rating system.
C

I always do and it is nice as well when the seller reciprocates. Sometimes it takes me a few days to do so, but when I buy and/or sell something I bookmark the thread in a folder to remind me to get back to it.

Yep,thats how I do it.My list has seven on it and I don't think that is too bad considering all the people I have dealt with.The lions share of guy's are stand up and there have been times that I have let my guard down-hence the ignore list.And I am guilty of not using the"good" list mainly because I feel that a man's word is his bond,but this is a different generation with different values

I've given small parts and even paid for the shipping to members. I like to help people with their projects if I can. After all we are all trying to enjoy this hobby. I hate it when someone gets burned by a scammer. Its been done to me before.

I have to totally agree on the feedback idea if for no other reason than a personal one. I do not do any formal advertising whatsoever except for that little "Vendor" icon over there < ----------- and all of my business has been generated by word of mouth. It's the best advertising that money can't buy.

After a few posts it's pretty easy to see who the Good Guys & Gals are, and the opposite tend to stick out around here like a sore thumb too. But the bigger our wonderful site gets, the tougher it is to keep up with things and get to know people personally. Others' actions and reactions educate the population and help the rest of us to know who to -- or not to -- deal with.

The Feedback Ratings are great ... but it's only an effective tool when it actually gets used. [Hmmmm, now I'm wondering if FBBO uses the Feedback ratings? Wow I sure HOPE SO LOL!!! :-D They're my first ever six-color valve covers .......... http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...06-Phoenix-Specialty-Coatings-is-the-BEST!!!] ... and MarPar is FABULOUS to work with!]

I have used the feedback rating ever since it was added. It helps everyone concerned. I even had a few guys post positive feedback about me being prompt with payment, patient when something caused a delay, and responsive about the condition of the part when it arrived.One seller refunded my overpayment when I was a newbie to Paypal and hit the send button twice. Of course he got a high rating and I bought other parts from him.

That is what feedback will do if everyone would use it.

And that is the problem, not everybody uses it. And the powers that be think the feed back system is the greatest thing since sliced bread so if you are hinting at a change of sorts might as well move on to the next thing because that AINT gonna be happening....

And that is the problem, not everybody uses it. And the powers that be think the feed back system is the greatest thing since sliced bread so if you are hinting at a change of sorts might as well move on to the next thing because that AINT gonna be happening....

It's like anything else Doug, I think the feedback system is easy to use and is helpful to those of us, especially buying, to see who we are dealing with.

Bottom line is everyone that buys or sells should follow through for the sake of everyone.

It's like anything else Doug, I think the feedback system is easy to use and is helpful to those of us, especially buying, to see who we are dealing with.

Bottom line is everyone that buys or sells should follow through for the sake of everyone.
I agree it is very simple to use, that is why it is a shame not every one uses it. I have voiced my opinion on a "forum of shame" type of thing more times than I care to admit to. Each time I am more or less told how much of a waste of time it will be and how magnificent the feedback system is so......

I have only bought a few things on here. The stuff I have gotten rid of was just me answering some ones need for a part so there was no way for feedback to be given. Out of the 4 times I have used the feedback system it only shows up as 3 due to the one person I bought something from ignoring it....very well could be because I offered constructive criticism about there poor packing of things.....keep in mind I worked for the USPS for close to 20 years and seen more than my fair share of damaged packages. My criticism of the sellers packaging was not intended to be a slam in any way, just trying to be helpful before he had anything get lost/damaged by the USPS....and avoid another the "the USPS sucks" type of thread.....

Me too.

In fact there will soon be a new member of that group... :)

You know we dummies got stick together!

redd-foxx-you-big-dummy.jpg

LOL

im threadjacking for a minute. here you go Rob

Attachments

• csss.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 185
  • csss1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 191
  • csss2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 203
-