In need of a taller throttle and kickdown bracket number

-

68 Coronet RT

68 GTS # 508 in Registry
Reaction score
I finally got my Dart back together, I put a Performer RPM on and now I need a taller throttle and kickdown bracket but I don't think I can use the one's that bolt to the back left carb bolt because I have to use a drop down air cleaner, does anyone have a number for the ones that bolt to the back two bolts on the intake or know of a good number for one that bolts to the carb that will work with a drop down air cleaner

I`ve just extended the oem`s to the height you need.
Bevel or gap for penetration and grind smooth/paint.
No one will notice and will look factory.
Use material same gauge as bracket.

Grab some scrap 1/8" plate, cutoff wheel, welder and flap wheel and go to town. By the time you're done with your third beer, you'll have a nice extended taller factory piece that'll work flawlessly.

Grab some scrap 1/8" plate, cutoff wheel, welder and flap wheel and go to town. By the time you're done with your third beer, you'll have a nice extended taller factory piece that'll work flawlessly.

:rofl:Used the shop at my plant. Had to forego the adult beverages until after work. As far as anyone that visited that day it was a cable bracket for the plant :rofl:

made mine from two Dodge ram brackets

DSCF0041[1].jpg

Had same dilemma here. Decided easiest way was to get the Lokar throttle cable kit and the Lokar kickdown cable kit. You'll need both kits to make it work. They sure simplify things, and works great.

Had same dilemma here. Decided easiest way was to get the Lokar throttle cable kit and the Lokar kickdown cable kit. You'll need both kits to make it work. They sure simplify things, and works great.

Would you happen to have the numbers for the Lokar items

I tried to find a record of my original order from Summit but can't find it . So, I just looked up the kits and I am pretty sure this is what I used (it has been a long time, so I really can't guarantee these numbers are right): XDP-1000HT36 throttle cable kit, XKD-2727HT kickdown cable kit. If you can follow the directions, and are patient with adjusting the kickdown (it'll take a bit of trial & error), you can install these. And I have a drop-down air cleaner, and you will not have clearance problems.

What’s the plate under the carb? Heat shield?

Yes it is I was having problems with the fuel boiling when restarting the car after it was hot. It did not help though.

What fixed my problem was the fuel return through a return pressure regulator. I eliminated the pressure regulator before the carburator and installed one after the carburator. This created a constant flow of fresh fuel rather than dead ending it under pressure at the carburator. The last picture is without the return.

Steve 107.JPG

Steve 065.JPG

-
Back