In need of taillite sockets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Going on some 64 B bodies but I am thinking most all models in the 60/s have same socket. I have never had much luck soaking them with anything to get them usuable. Anyone know a part number for any generic socket or even where to get something that will work?

@barbee6043 You might benefit from posting a photo of what your socket looks like. I bet many have taken the old socket to the local NAPA and got a close replacement. Looking for a used one? start a wanted thread.

Last edited:
Looks just like all the sockets in A and B bodies in the 60s to me. I will try to post pics tomorrow. I have trouble finding anything like this at O Reilly anymore. They are getting pretty worthless around here.
Maybe I an soak them in vinegar and not kill the spring.

Evaporust is a better soak if you want to be gentle on things.

Just saw on laysons restoration that they had light socket pigtails, don't know if they have exactly what you need but a place to start.

Its been a few years but the last ones I needed were in the HELP section at O'Reillys
I will look again!! There is no one at O Really to ever help, can't even have enough guys to take your cash! Then in the little town of Cleveland, Tx they are building a second store! Go figure. Stupid profits in the auto part business.

I will check those out. Thanks
Yes the hole is 1 125 in. I will check to see who has best price!!!

Last edited:
I purchased some from NAPA just a couple weeks ago. Cant remember the part number. Cost a couple bucks a piece

I will look again!! There is no one at O Really to ever help, can't even have enough guys to take your cash! Then in the little town of Cleveland, Tx they are building a second store! Go figure. Stupid profits in the auto part business.

Yeah, I'd get better service at the Helen Keller Institute than my local O'Reillys and there's already Three maybe Four in just Denton alone

Socket.png

Brillman does not have them. Or the girl could not find in catalogue. Orderd them thru Sumitt.
I purchased some from NAPA just a couple weeks ago. Cant remember the part number. Cost a couple bucks a piece
NAPA in town was replaced by CarQuest. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back