Indy Swap Meet

-

340butterduster

no title
Reaction score
I haven't missed this event in the last 5-6 yrs.
I was looking at the Indy Cylinder Heads site for a date, so I can schedule it.
Even looked at the Indy Mopar Club's site, and I didn't find anything.
It's usually the 1st or 2nd(?) weekend in March.
Anyone have a definite date?

I have never been to an all mopar show and this seems to be a big one. It is also within reasonable driving distance for me. (9 hours) Post some info please. :D

It's at the fair grounds,that much I remember. Maybe the Indianapolis fairground website would have the info

It may also be on Indy Cylinder Head's site or contact them.

I called them, theyve not released the info yet. Should be in early March, I went last year on Friday and it was still being set up but scored some very good deals. My advice, save that tax check as they had some good deals on some big stuff if you look hard enough. And bring a big pick up truck :burnout:

Finally got some information from the fair grounds. It's march 6 thru the 8th

Indy Swap Meet!
If you never been, you should go, it's worth the drive! Without a doubt my favorite swap meet. This is "THE PLACE" to find what you need. All indoors so you're not digging in mud or dirt, no sun or rain on your back. I have no dog in the fight, so I'm not trying to talk this up for no good reason. In fact, now that I think about it, you guys need to stay home and save your money, yeah........that's the ticket!

I also found out that Monster Mopar organizers are no longer going to participate with this swap meet.

SO what affect does that have???????

Not much in the end, at least this year. Means that now Indy has lost the Monster Mopar events completely, lost the show/drag last year and now the meet will no longer be part of the Monster Mopar events is all. At least thats the scuttelbutt going around on the Monster Mopar facebook page. It'll still go on as it is very popular and still has support from Indy cylinder head and other sponsors.

Josh King doesn't work for Indy Cylinder Head anymore.
He's working for Cummins as I understand it.
The only Monster Mopar Show event I know of is the show in Norwalk in Sep.
Not sure how interested I am in going to that after the goat screw in Dayton last spring.

I'll be at the Indy show. IF you have any NOS or clean 67-9 valiant parts let me know in advance :)

I always enjoy meeting/talking to vendors...Brewers, and all the other vendors. It's a weekend away from the daily hustle.
I look forward to it every year.

I look foward going to this every year. I have been every year except 2 years ago. better deals here than anywhere i have been. I get tired of going to the all make shows and looking at ford and chevy stuff.

Not sure how interested I am in going to that after the goat screw in Dayton last spring.

Do tell. I was planning on going this year but if its that bad, I may change my plans.

Norwalk was supposed to be a great show.
but........
At Kil-Kare I paid full note for 2 cars, in advance. Get there, there is less than 70 cars, fewer than 10 venders, maybe 20 guys in the in the swap area.
Of the 70 cars, most of those came with the cruise down from Chicago, so they were all newer.
Here's the goat screw..........
Because the Kil-Kare was so bungled, and mis-handled
Josh gave the vendors free space for Norwalk, and free Admission to the general public.
Car Show and Racers, bend and blush!
Now, don't get me wrong, the guy isn't running a charity, but the people who showed up at Kil-Kare and got less than expected should have been given some consideration.
If your willing to give people who didn't bother to show free admission, why wouldn't you take care of the people did. Hey, you showed up at Kil-Kare you're out money, as a token of good faith, this is what we're willing to do. When I asked about it, I was flatly told no. They had made up their mind and that was that. So, I think I may be done with Monster Mopar.
But Indy Swap Meet, I'll be there!

-
Back