info on 72 Demon stripe kits

-

T-Man700

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hope I don't open up a can of worms. Getting my car back from the paint shop soon and was looking for stripes. I need side, tail and hood stripes. I was on eBay, first mistake, and found stripes from 3 sources. Phoenix Graphix's wants $219 plus $15 ship for sides and tail stripe. Top Flite Graphics wants $112.98 and free ship for the same kit, both are Mopar authorized. Then there's this guy, his eBay name is cuda-joe, he wants $80 with shipping included for the same using 3-M vinyl. That's a big difference in cost, Mopar authorized may be of value but even that is a $100 difference between the first two venders. Photo is just an example

10[1].jpg

I just received my cuda Dale's strip for my 70 340 Swinger looks great . Haven't applied it yet.

Last edited:
As long as it’s a good 3M product with UV protection you should be fine. I see cars less than 5 years old with cheap stuff on them that bakes into the paint from the sun, cracks, and the car essentially has to be repainted.

I hate to say it since you already decided, but you just dropped god knows how much on a paint job. If it were me I'd pay the extra for Phoenix Graphics and know I had a great quality product. This isn't the place to save $100...

I can't tell about the side stripes (my Demon is a slant-six), but for the tail panel, the one purchased from Cuda Joe is top quality and relatively easy to apply.
demon5.jpg
demon6.jpg

UV protection is the key.
If not, ill will definitely fade.

It's not so much about the price as it is the quality and of course wondering about the price difference. When I shop, I could care less about a name brand. Just don't like being taken advantage of unless she's nice looking. It's always good to research before buying. I've put a lot money into this, now, rust free H code car but don't want to just give away an extra $100. Just about anything 3M is good quality. Thanks for the input so far.

Mopar Authorized does not speak for quality. It just means what ever the seller is selling they went through the process (and pain) with Mopar to legally recreate something that was originally owned/created by Mopar. It is just a legal thing, not a technical/quality control thing today unlike it apparently was in the early days when auto manufactures started allowing reproductions of their parts to be made by 3 party companies.

I can't remember who I got mine from but I can be cheap lol . Mine peeled after 5 years. I wound up painting mine on but I did buy some quality 3M material to make the stormin Norman Decal at my work.

GSS Badge 1.jpeg

Be sure to check all of the stripes closely by using masking tape to make sure they all line up correctly. My buddy & I replaced the tail panel stripe on his 72 Duster 340, it didn't quite sit right at first. We had to move it around to get it to sit correctly around the trunk lock & tail lights. It's not perfect, but it's a close as it can get.

I bought mine from graphic express and was impressed with the fit and appearance,see pic. I also bought the one from cuda Joe and the tail panel graphic is ok but not perfect,
20201125_055454.jpg
It was missing the hole for the trunk lock and the graphic behind where the demon sticker goes.

People there are many types of vinyl just because someone claims they are using 3M means nothing. You need to make sure the vinyl is Cast automotive grade vinyl or you are not buying quality vinyl. 3M makes sign shop vinyl , Calendered vinyl etc. We have written many articles in the past that you get what you pay for. We are the largest vendor of Mopar decals and are licensed as a restoration manufacturer for many years. Look at the backing paper of your vinyl before applying it and you will see if it is the real deal "automotive grade vinyl" otherwise it is not going to last and 1. ask if it is calendered or cast vinyl, 2. what number is it 700,900?, Is the vinyl laminated with high grade 3M laminate. If not you will not get your warranty grade vinyl and pray it does not fuse to the paint of your car.

Hope I don't open up a can of worms. Getting my car back from the paint shop soon and was looking for stripes. I need side, tail and hood stripes. I was on eBay, first mistake, and found stripes from 3 sources. Phoenix Graphix's wants $219 plus $15 ship for sides and tail stripe. Top Flite Graphics wants $112.98 and free ship for the same kit, both are Mopar authorized. Then there's this guy, his eBay name is cuda-joe, he wants $80 with shipping included for the same using 3-M vinyl. That's a big difference in cost, Mopar authorized may be of value but even that is a $100 difference between the first two venders. Photo is just an example

View attachment 1715649939

People there are many types of vinyl just because someone claims they are using 3M means nothing. You need to make sure the vinyl is Cast automotive grade vinyl or you are not buying quality vinyl. 3M makes sign shop vinyl , Calendered vinyl etc. We have written many articles in the past that you get what you pay for. We are the largest vendor of Mopar decals and are licensed as a restoration manufacturer for many years. Look at the backing paper of your vinyl before applying it and you will see if it is the real deal "automotive grade vinyl" otherwise it is not going to last and 1. ask if it is calendered or cast vinyl, 2. what number is it 700,900?, Is the vinyl laminated with high grade 3M laminate. If not you will not get your warranty grade vinyl and pray it does not fuse to the paint of your car.

So as a FABO vender, do you offer a discount, free ship or warranty to our FABO family? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Okay what does it mean if it says 3M premasking tape scpm_3

Mopar Authorized does not speak for quality. It just means what ever the seller is selling they went through the process (and pain) with Mopar to legally recreate something that was originally owned/created by Mopar. It is just a legal thing, not a technical/quality control thing today unlike it apparently was in the early days when auto manufactures started allowing reproductions of their parts to be made by 3 party companies.
Decals have to be submitted and pass quality control until you have established your reputation such as us with decadesHave to be a viable company with good credit with proof. IT is getting harder and harder to be licensed and FCA really comes down on infringers as well as GM.
Pre masking tape has no markings on it . It's the tape usually clear you remove after you applied the decal. The backing paper on the back you peel off before you apply the decal lets you know what quality is . I had my print Manager look up the numbers on the 3M database you quoted and he has no idea what you are looking at. Be advised there are 3M Chinese knock offs of vinyl. Regarding a discount you would have to call and talk to a salesperson to ask.

Decals have to be submitted and pass quality control until you have established your reputation such as us with decadesHave to be a viable company with good credit with proof. IT is getting harder and harder to be licensed and FCA really comes down on infringers as well as GM.

Pre masking tape has no markings on it . It's the tape usually clear you remove after you applied the decal. The backing paper on the back you peel off before you apply the decal lets you know what quality is . I had my print Manager look up the numbers on the 3M database you quoted and he has no idea what you are looking at. Be advised there are 3M Chinese knock offs of vinyl. Regarding a discount you would have to call and talk to a salesperson to ask.

Interesting, thanks. I had read that in the early days that was true but the manufacturers where not wanting to spend the time/money to do that QC anymore.

Your decision for vendor selection also depends on how accurate you want your decals to be. On my Duster restoration, I wanted the decals to be the same dimension as an unused NOS set that I owned. Unfortunately, Phoenix Graphics were not exact to the originals. I would recommend Performance Car Graphics if you want decals made to exacting standards.

Performance Car Graphics PCG performancecargraphics.com

Performance car Graphics is no longer in business due to unfortunate circumstances. I think we have discussed this issue with you on another setting in this forum. It should have been resolved

That is unfortunate. Members can read about my issues on my restoration thread. I hope that PhoenixGraphix has corrected their "OEM" standards of the 1970 Duster side stripes.

-
Back