Inland 4 speed shifter handle identification

Manual Transmission & Clutch Discussions

1. lemondana

lemondana BlackDart

Local Time:
    9:59 PM
    Anyone have or know where there are pictures identifying the different Inland 4 speed shifter handles used by Chrysler ? I've seen quite a few different ones, and wonder how many different handles there are.

2. 6PakBee

6PakBee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    Jamie Passon's transmission book has quite a few. These are ones I've had, I believe that they are (left to right) '68 B/C body console, '67 B body console, '67 B body non-console.

Inland 2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • HemiSSDart

HemiSSDart Dartus Interuptus

Local Time:
      11:59 PM
      Just picked up a console and console shifter for a 67 A-Body at the Indy swap yesterday. I haven't taken pictures of it yet but I will and post it here.

• lemondana

lemondana BlackDart

Local Time:
      9:59 PM
      Yes, please do, The original shifter in my 68 GTS was cut down when I got it. A few years ago somebody had one on here or Ebay. It looked correct, since then I've seen a couple that the person was claiming to be an A Body and they didn't look like the first one I saw. Thank you!

• jimharvard

jimharvard JimHarvard FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      just a FYI on the OEM "Inland" shifter. i had an "almost" new 68 Barracuda 340, 4 speed Formula S Fastback in high school in 1970. it was an early production 68 and had the round non-console Inland shifter. i street raced that car almost every weekend and in one very "exciting" race, i power-shifted second and broke the shifter handle right off the top of the shifter mechanism. i would REALLY advise against power-shifting OEM Inland shifters as they have a "weak spot" design where they bolt to the top of the shifter. i limped the car back home in 2nd gear and immediately bought a Hurst Comp Plus the next day. the Hurst design is almost bullet proof as to extreme use.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • KosmicKuda

KosmicKuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Picture from Passon's book.

20210403_124656.jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.