Inland Shift Handle Bushings

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have an answer to the bushings that fit the Inland shifter handle that mounts to the top plate? It wouldn't bother me a bit to find some steel bushings to solidly mount the shift handle. The bushings need to be .530" OD x .3125 (5/16") ID. 1/2" OD will be plenty good, I'm sure. Anybody have a source for such?

Does anybody have an answer to the bushings that fit the Inland shifter handle that mounts to the top plate? It wouldn't bother me a bit to find some steel bushings to solidly mount the shift handle. The bushings need to be .530" OD x .3125 (5/16") ID. 1/2" OD will be plenty good, I'm sure. Anybody have a source for such?

The closest that I can find off the shelf is 9/16" OD, you would have to turn them down .0325" on a lathe....

McMaster-Carr

Thanks yall. Those are some good options.

I found these bushings at company called MEGA PARTS. I have installed them and they do fit and take up the looseness in the shifter.

bushings.jpg

Just put the bushings in and then put a thick flat washers on top, and tighten the nuts down. That makes it nice and solid. My 68 GTS has been this way since 1976, and I can slam the gears pretty hard.

-
Back