inner fender accessory holes

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
68 Dart GT original 318 car. I think there are some extra holes on the DS inner fender. I've been looking at pictures online and I don't see A-bodies with holes in these locations. They look like factory holes but a lot can be changed in 52 years. Just looking for confirmation that these holes need to be filled before the car is painted.

Also, how many of the plastic straps should there be to hold the wiring in place? The "kit" online shows a total of (6) straps. Looking back at my pictures before I disassembled the car only shows 4. Where do the other (2) go or are they not used in 68?
67-69 Dart Barracuda Valiant A-body Underhood Wire Strap Retainer Kit 67 68 69 | eBay

inner2.png

Others can help, but it seems six is too many. Upper two arrows w/ two non-original clips are for mounting washer bottle. Lower right hand corner holes are starter relay.

Yes, you are correct. I'm not using a stock washer bottle. Those brackets that are already screwed to the inner fender will be welded to an aluminum washer tank. The starter relay holes are on the lower right. The holes for the (4) main plastic wiring holders are under the blue tape.

No other 68 Dart owners that can look in their engine compartment to confirm a few things?

pretty sure the 3 places you have tape, and one more toward the radiator core for the headlight wires, is it

Yes, there is one more set of holes right beside the battery for the 4th strap. It wouldn't be the first time that the "kits" were incomplete or wrong altogether.

Yes, there is one more set of holes right beside the battery for the 4th strap. It wouldn't be the first time that the "kits" were incomplete or wrong altogether.
i'd rather get too many parts than not enough :)

-
Back