Inner fender braces

-

gm1236

Reaction score
How affective are the brace bars? The ones that bolt from the pinch weld on the firewall for the center fender bolt. Ma Chrysler put them on for some reason.

How affective are the brace bars? The ones that bolt from the pinch weld on the firewall for the center fender bolt. Ma Chrysler put them on for some reason.

it’s is all for crash purposes. Controls the rate of compression in a forward hit.

Consider that NONE of the big block cars had them because they weren't put on the cars yet...None of the convertibles had them, either...

B bodies got them in 72. A's in I think 74. Maybe 75.
I added them to my 72. Going for the handling thing. My 72 Satellite came with them.
The engineers must have thought they did something or the bean counters would not have approve them.

20200402_161707.jpg

20200402_161730.jpg

20160726_114731.jpg

Kinda like the bars on the lower fender corners in the front.
Just nice to have because they do stabilize things a little, but not really critical.

Thanks everyone, I put them back on, I have a ‘71 that doesn’t have them, but the ‘75 does. I would think they would take some of the flex out of he nose. Even though you connect the frame, not much stiffens the nose, short of a roll cage.

-
Back