INSTALLING NEW TOP.

-

JimMac

Reaction score
I have just finished installing a new top that I purchased from Convertable Top Guys. It looks good enough but I did make a few small errors that no one but me would know. The only thing left is to install the front edge round piece and since I did not have the old top I am not sure how they finish the ends of that. Can anyone post a picture of the end of the front header showing the end of that round edging piece? The rubber seal will then go on and perhaps that will cover it?

should have mentioned mine is a 1965 Valiant
Dang I was going to post a photo of a convertible Camaro but you answered the $50,000 question first.

Post some photos of the area you are talking about.

I have just finished installing a new top that I purchased from Convertable Top Guys. It looks good enough but I did make a few small errors that no one but me would know. The only thing left is to install the front edge round piece and since I did not have the old top I am not sure how they finish the ends of that. Can anyone post a picture of the end of the front header showing the end of that round edging piece? The rubber seal will then go on and perhaps that will cover it?

on the 66, that's next in line to get done. It(rubber filler wrapped in vinyl) goes under the header seal metal but over the top material caterpillar cocoons and mud daubers are optional and no extra charge.

004.jpg
007.jpg

Last edited:
The photo looks a lot like my 67. Did your new top come with the covering for the seal part?

The photo looks a lot like my 67. Did your new top come with the covering for the seal part?
My 66 came with the rubber filler tube and a piece of vinyl that I spray contact cemented around the filler rubber piece and had to fold over and sew the ends so it wouldn't pick up any water and let it run into the header channel.after I measured it. I made mine flush with the top not 1/2" inboard like the old top.

My 66 came with the rubber filler tube and a piece of vinyl that I spray contact cemented around the filler rubber piece and had to fold over and sew the ends so it wouldn't pick up any water and let it run into the header channel.after I measured it. I made mine flush with the top not 1/2" inboard like the old top.
This is what came with mine and I have it attached. Looks like I just need to finish the end and then install the holders for the seal.

20190822_141315.jpg

-
Back